Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trespassing

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    oh heck....

I have nothing against individualism. However, if you paint your hair different colors, you are trying to be different. Dont judge ME for thinking you are, indeed, different.
    Ed zachery.

And it says alot about what type of person you are when you are so quick to assume that everything bad that happened to you is because you look different.

The neighbor probably should have talked to the parents first, but it's yankee land. They don't talk to each other. And if I had been sued for someone falling in my yard, I'd probably call the cops everytime a dog took a shit in my yard.

"Blanchard said she wonders if the fact her family is new to the area and she and her daughter have brightly colored hair may be causing neighbors to discriminate against them."

Discriminate?? WTF?

Unless I have built a relationship over time and feel that I can trust you or your child, stay the hell out of my yard. In fact her "discriminate" comment verses understanding this is a property rights issue would lead me to conclude this person is exactly the type I don't want cutting thru my yard.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Valid points.

However, rowdy hair or not, a kid is welcome to cut through my yard anytime should it offer a shortcut to the school bus.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Valid points.

However, rowdy hair or not, a kid is welcome to cut through my yard anytime should it offer a shortcut to the school bus.
    Agreed.

Valid points.

All those feral kids coming out of the creek bottom going to Round Top.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Oh yeah.

They're really starting to get out of hand.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

That's life. Some hottie trespassing, breaking necks to help her out in any way. Ugly little freak gets cuffed. Been that way since the beginning & always will be.

Pretty People Matter!

Hot girl privilege.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Trespasser

Lost & Needs Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    That's life. Some hottie trespassing, breaking necks to help her out in any way. Ugly little freak gets cuffed. Been that way since the beginning & always will be.

Pretty People Matter!
    This guy gets it. Like I said, life is tough....why make it any harder with colored hair, piercing, and tattoos?????

Valid points.

I agree. It will suck though when they trip and break their leg and sue us though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I just wish I still had hair.

Valid points.

until she trips in your yard and her mom sues you.

because you KNOW she will.

Everybody are buddies until there is money on the table.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Yeah, my life is all about handshakes and civility until some mongoloid sues.

Well, the "Mom" was distressed. The kid had three written warnings, from the cops, that "Distressed Mom" didn't even know about. Sounds like she should get more involved in her kids life and wake her ass up about five minutes earlier.

I saw the words tolerance & embracement in this thread. I'm afraid those two things have made our country what it is today & I don't like it. I often see Christians & Jesus thrown up in that. If my history is correct, we had a lot more Jesus before we became so tolerant. Maybe Jesus thought we were too tolerant when we allowed our govt to take prayer out of our schools. Maybe we were too tolerant when we allowed our courts to legalize queer marriage. Maybe we were too tolerant when we allowed our courts to legalize abortion.

I liked it better when people were not as tolerant & would slap the piss outta someone who tried to push their agenda on them.

MB, I read a great article the other week about how churches are changing and missing the message because "tolerance" is a slippery slope. People are about the feel good things, and don't want to talk about the sins that hit close to them

Since y'all broached the subject, do you think that the church runs/should run our gov't? There are, in fact, folks of different faiths that live here or are born here (in America) everyday. Do you think they should be forced to do or not do something based on my beliefs or yours?

To take it a step further, do you think screaming at someone to tell them how stupid they are does anything to coax them into your corner?

You can actually hate the sin without hating the sinner.

I'm real glad that folks don't hate me for all the stupid things that I've done/continue to do.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's about tolerance. I think it's about slightly less hatred.

But, what do I know?...
    Last edited by turbo; 03-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

You got profiled for wearing a flat bill get again didn't ya?

Maybe...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!