Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Correct. He baited back in February. Game warden said he found sunflower seeds in February. There hasn't been bait since, which the game warden acknowledged after checking property hard yesterday. Guess he just wanted to write a ticket for something. This is in Williamsburg county.

Sounds about right .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the buddy might not be telling you the whole story. Or the GW is a real dick.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachHunter View Post
    Game warden told him he had walked his property a few weeks earlier and found exactly 5 sunflower seeds and the trophy rock so figured he must be baiting. im thinking he couldn't find any bait so used the trophy rock to keep him from looking like a dumbass.
    If he in fact found bait(sunflower seeds) it should have been documented with pics and some of the bait put in a ziplock
    80-20 Genaration

Law says "Salt" , makes no mention of minerals being illegal, there in lies the out.
    Genesis 9;2

It's not bait unless it was within the time frame as defined in game laws etc.... Food scattered for game in February is a far cry from bait.... Now, sunflower seeds on the ground on March 10 is bait!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 03-26-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I'm confused about having to have knowledge part . So all you have to say is that you didn't know it was there and you good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got what he deserved, ask me. Bait is bait and it is our responsibility to know the rules. I wouldnt be surprised if there were a lot of sunflowers out 10 days ago, just saying

Call cofcwaterfowler he knows what he is talking about. Buddy of mine used him.

I'm all for abiding by the law but I think we have too many laws that even the wardens aren't sure of. Also, I'm not a turkey hunter but I always thought someone could tag along on a hunt and call for a youth even if they had no valid tags. I had no idea that was illegal. BJ

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    I'm all for abiding by the law but I think we have too many laws that even the wardens aren't sure of. Also, I'm not a turkey hunter but I always thought someone could tag along on a hunt and call for a youth even if they had no valid tags. I had no idea that was illegal. BJ
    So you're telling me I was breaking the law this morning carrying no gun while taking my 9yo old hunting to try and kill his 1st turkey while I'm tagged out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

No the rules say you can call for other people aslong as you have your empty tag set

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    So you're telling me I was breaking the law this morning carrying no gun while taking my 9yo old hunting to try and kill his 1st turkey while I'm tagged out?
    You can be tagged out I think, you just need to take the pamphlet or whatever you call it that your tags came in

According to the way it is written on the DNR website. Everyone must have valid tags in possession. BJ

Copied from SCDNR website.
    All hunters, including hunters younger than 16 or those who are calling or guiding must possess a valid set of turkey tags. All harvested turkeys must be tagged and validated as prescribed on the tag form before being moved from the point of kill. No person may possess more than one set of turkey tags (SC 50-11-544).

https://seasonseeker.com/south-carol...ons-2016-2017/

I cant get the part to highlight on phone. Middle of page. Hunters who have tagged out

I don't think you should have to have tags to guide or call but I read it literally to mean everyone participating must have VALID tags. There again, the way they write this stuff even the DNR Leo's are confused. BJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    https://seasonseeker.com/south-carol...ons-2016-2017/

I cant get the part to highlight on phone. Middle of page. Hunters who have tagged out
    Yes, I see that part. What I am trying to bring to light is the contradiction right there on the same page. It's that way with several things in the rules and regs. There is no sense in it saying one thing then stating another. BJ

Makes no sense I need my empty tag form when I'm not in possession of a weapon. However, I will put it in my vest next time I take him.

I agree with timber22

Does my wife need her Migratory Bird Permit when she walks out to bring me a beer in the dove field?

I agree with timber22