Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey

I tried this recipe last year that I have found online and damn it was good!!

http://bbqpitboys.com/wild-turkey/#.VxvGQcj3anM

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    by a lot, you mean enough to feed half a man? lets hear your cleaning process. please
    it is very simple to split that thigh down the leg and then continue to split the drumstick. at the base of the drumstick, there are some long bones that can be a challenge to deal with. Once you have it split, longways, you can start to peel the dark meat of the leg bones. you come out with a "fillet" that is almost as large as the breast. Its a lot harder to clean up...and it takes some time...but we had a turkey pot pie last night and it was yummy.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Thighs and drumsticks make a good soup, similar to chicken noodle. Cook it for a few hours and everything breaks down really nice.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

scrumptious

Turkey Mardi Gras is my favorite.

Cooked off some legs and made BBQ, there wasn't any left so I guess it was good. IMG_2732.JPGIMG_2730.JPG

Filet breast, lay flat on rack from water smoker and sprinkle with season salt, completely cover with bacon. Let smoke 2 1/2 to three hours.

We will smoke them with Tony's seasoning and some garlic. I still prefer frying nuggets.