Bible Study Verse
Luke 7:44-48
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon,
"Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." Then Jesus said to her,
"Your sins are forgiven." (NIV)

Thoughts
The story here is about the contrast between two broken people--one who didn't know he was broken, and one who did; one who didn't receive the forgiveness of Jesus, and one who did.

Sometimes we think our sins are not so bad if they're the sins everyone commits. Special sins--now they're the bad ones. But to Jesus, they're all the same; and because of the sacrifice He made on the cross, they're all equally forgivable. The good news starts with the knowledge that we are sinners, that we are broken. So, knowing that we are broken prepares us to meet Christ, the only remedy for our brokenness. (Steve S)

Action Point
Call a person a sinner and he will turn you off. He'll think you're telling him that you are better than he is. But tell him he is broken just like you are, and he'll know you care about him. Once a person admits he is broken and that he can't fix himself, he is in a place where he can receive the good news of undeserved grace and forgiveness in Christ Jesus.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Man has a God-given ability to fix what is broken. When you use that ability to fix your equipment, it makes you a better steward of what God has given you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk