Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support SCDNR on your taxes...

I'm with rp on this one. Our baptist association held an Outdoor Expo for the Connie Maxwell orphanage and community kids today. The boys with the fishing video trailer were one of the first to commit to coming. The kids there will most likely never experience the outdoors without an opportunity from someone taking an interest in their lives. Two GWs stayed for 5 hours until every last kid (50) had a chance to play. I'd bet they walked away with a very positive impression of a GW, as I would. Furthermore, the fact that you think you "give" them enough by paying YOUR ticket is a poor reason to have distain for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

When we asked them to bring the DNR fishing simulator to the Delta events they did so willingly and were very professional.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-25-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

There are good ones and there are bad ones. Heck, there are good ones who screw up royally some time, and bad ones who do good work some time.

But whatever happens, if you decide to give extra to the DNR through your tax return or other means, DO NOT tell any of them about it in the field. They will claim you are trying to bribe or influence them. Seriously.
    Last edited by smallwater; 03-25-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: clarify

Why would I give the DNR money when I know for a fact they use state equipment and funds to shock fish for private citizens...aka DNR board members private plantations.

IF I hadn't caught them in a web of lies I might support them.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    I donate to DNR and countless other state agencies every two weeks. They'll get a nice purse off of their cut of the sportsmans Classic as well.
    I always wondered where that money goes. Obviously the fair grounds have to be rented, or perhaps there's a slap on the back and a handshake deal between gov'ts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I can't thank my dad enough for buying me a lifetime license.
    I regret not getting my daughter one before she turned 2. The price pretty much doubles when they're in the 2-16 range. I wised up and got my son's early.

By the time I got all the add ons for mine, like saltwater fishing and SC waterfowl stamp, I dropped a lot of money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Game warden = meter maid's ......always a hassle ...check your stuff 1 day and do it again the very next day ......too many examples to list

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Cajun, let's use your situation for an example. And let's say you screwed up. If Mr GJs had said go get a life jacket real quick, would you have done it? And wouldn't the issue have been solved? There are ways to fix things without a ticket.
    I asked for a professional courtesy as I was tending to wood duck boxes on the lake. I was told it was "zero tolerance"regarding life jackets. I had 3 life jackets and 1 throwable but including myself there were 4 of us on board. (I made an honest mistake, no justification for not having the 4th life jacket) It would have taken me 5 minutes to get another life jacket at the dock. Instead I was given a ticket and then given a life jacket by the GW who followed me back to our neighborhood dock to get his life jacket back. In court I was told the actual ticket was $25.00, all other expenses go to city, county, state, etc. It's a revenue generator in my book.

Folks can raft up on $5.00 Walmart inflatables, get drunk and float the Saluda River or raft up on the lake........no life jacket required. I get a ticket while properly operating a watercraft under the guise of a "safety check" and "zero tolerance". Once he had me on the life jacket there wasn't a single inquiry about my whistle, flares, horn, fire extinguisher, etc. I'm sorry but I'm not thoroughly convinced that GW's are out to "keep me safe".
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I asked for a professional courtesy as I was tending to wood duck boxes on the lake. I was told it was "zero tolerance"regarding life jackets. I had 3 life jackets and 1 throwable but including myself there were 4 of us on board. (I made an honest mistake, no justification for not having the 4th life jacket) It would have taken me 5 minutes to get another life jacket at the dock. Instead I was given a ticket and then given a life jacket by the GW who followed me back to our neighborhood dock to get his life jacket back. In court I was told the actual ticket was $25.00, all other expenses go to city, county, state, etc. It's a revenue generator in my book.

Folks can raft up on $5.00 Walmart inflatables, get drunk and float the Saluda River or raft up on the lake........no life jacket required. I get a ticket while properly operating a watercraft under the guise of a "safety check" and "zero tolerance". Once he had me on the life jacket there wasn't a single inquiry about my whistle, flares, horn, fire extinguisher, etc. I'm sorry but I'm not thoroughly convinced that GW's are out to "keep me safe".
    I have just been told that there is a zero tolerance policy for not having enough life preservers. If you are caught and a ticket is not issued, the GW will have to report to his superiors for not having issued a ticket if this event is reported.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Based on the responses to this thread I would say there is a big disconnect between dnr and the users of the resource

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk