Bible Study Verse
John 21:4
But when day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach: yet the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. (ASV)

Thoughts
The more I think about this passage, the more it baffles me. How could the disciples not have known it was Jesus?

They lived with Him for three years. These were the most incredible years of their lives up to that point. They camped out, made fires and walked side by side with Jesus for many miles. They heard Him share words of wisdom and life on a daily basis, not to mention one miracle after another!

Maybe there was a heavy fog that morning. Or possibly the sun wasn't up enough for them to see who it was. The wind could have been blowing enough to muffle His voice beyond recognition.

Is there a heavy fog in your life? Are there things that are clouding your relationship with the Lord?
(Tom H)

Action Point
If there is something that you know is causing your relationship with Jesus to be "fuzzy" or for you to not hear His word clearly, don't delay to deal with whatever may be causing the problem.

If you need help, humble yourself to ask a trusted friend or pastor for counsel and encouragement. Remember, God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When fishing with two or three other fishermen it may be a good idea to have handheld radios especially if you are split up along a stream or river. Even if there may not be an emergency you can always call your buddies and tell them about all the fish you are catching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk