Thread: Adding Power Tilt n Trim

Default Adding Power Tilt n Trim

Obviously there is a plethora of information online about adding power tilt and trim to an outboard, but i wanted to get some insight from you guys about which kit, worth it or not, pros/cons etc, maybe even someone to install in chas area.

2015 Yamaha 40 4 stroke with gas assist, mounted directly to transom.

Fire away...

I don't know if you mean adding a cylinder/unit to the motor itself, but a PT-130 is pretty much plug and play. Watch Craigslist and the Trading Post here and you can find some good deals.

I don't know what size boat you have but that's going to be a lot of weight on transom. I had that motor and put a kick plate on it and dipped the stern a couple of times.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Xpress 16' HDB

I've got a 2013 F40 just like your's. I went with the Panther 55 tilt and trim. It didn't add that much weight and was easy to install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Also, while we are at it, does anyone know where to buy OEM xpress accessories? Local dealer today told me 375 for a seat installed, 950 for gun box installed, and 250 for a " convenience station" (a fancy cupholder basically)

My personal experience with the Panther unit is bad. First stump hit with one on my buddies boat broke the eyes off where the cylinder mounts inside the bracket. Made from cast equals weak. Didn't snap the bolt/pin holding it just the eyes it ran through. Long tow back to the ramp with the motor dragging behind

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Also, while we are at it, does anyone know where to buy OEM xpress accessories? Local dealer today told me 375 for a seat installed, 950 for gun box installed, and 250 for a " convenience station" (a fancy cupholder basically)
    Go with tempress for seats. As for a gun box I couldn't tell ya. Tried getting the parts directly from Xpress?

War Eagle, Havoc and maybe Edge all sell the t-rail accessories as well, so check there for universal accessories.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-14-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I have contacted Xpress about Accessories to no avail, they pointed me towards local dealers and with how busy it is right now for them they havent shown much interest. Buddy of mine reccomended Two Rivers Design and Fab here in Charleston for any aluminum accesories, (gun box, convenience station, stereo, etc.) and thats who im gonna go with. Check him out on facebook his stuff looks bad Ass. The gun box he is gonna build for me will be custom exactly the way i want it. Pretty stoked.

Not sure if its a myth or not, but After talking to a yamaha Tech i am Friends with he said i can add OEM power tilt and trim Cylinder because i have the gas assist motor, he said it has the space and pieces to add it, just have to buy the cylinder and get installed. Looking in to that now, anyone ever had any experience with that?

Havoc and excel t rail accessories will fit and the cup holder runs about 60. The edge rail is different and won't work.

A seat base is about 45 depending on if it's stainless or not and then it's literally about 5 mins of work to install.

As far as justin at two rivers, he knows his stuff and does good work. He's a friend of ours and we often send him stuff that we can't do.

I'm not 100% about the pt&trim unit but it wouldn't be cost effective. You're probably looking at 700-800 for the unit then the electrical components that go along with it and the train switch for the new tiller to make it factory. You're probably in $1000 easily. Both cmc plates and panther plates will break if hit hard enough.

Thanks for the input so far, Only concern with adding the CMC or panther plate is im a big dude and already have enough weight in the back of the boat, would prefer to keep what i add as lightweight as possible. Ive seen mixed reviews on how much the plates will affect the transom height in the water. But i know it sits pretty low already with me on the back. Would prefer to add as little weight as possible, and keep it as clean looking and functional as possible.

Probably going to figure out this week moving the gas tank and battery (or atleast one of the two) to the front of the boat in the storage locker and go ahead with the cmc plate.