Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SC #1 Non-Typical

If I am reading the book correctly, he took a 147 5/8 inch typical in Anderson on 11/17/08, and a 130 6/8 inch typical in Edgefield on the same day.

Ummmmm......
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Grown men will lose their mind over a damn wood goat with horns.

Two points that concern me. No trail cam pics. Getting dark but pic was in light. Does not look like rigor mortis had set in. But hey, it is his story and none of my business.

“Some neighbors (to the property) had started seeing a big deer back in 2013, but then for most of 2014 and 2015, nobody saw him, nobody had a trail-cam picture of him,” Dillard said. “We were wondering if he’d been killed or just died of old age.”

It was getting dark, and I had no idea what I was looking at,” Dillard said. “The first thing I noticed on him was his huge brow tines. Then I walked around in front of him to pick his head up and shined my flashlight on the front of his rack and saw that he had all these big kickers coming off the main beam and that’s when I started freaking out a little bit.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Two points that concern me. No trail cam pics. Getting dark but pic was in light. Does not look like rigor mortis had set in. But hey, it is his story and none of my business.
    What picture are you looking at? The only pictures I have seen are pics of the mounted head. Are there pics somewhere of the dead animal on the ground?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

“Some neighbors (to the property) had started seeing a big deer back in 2013, but then for most of 2014 and 2015, nobody saw him, nobody had a trail-cam picture of him,” Dillard said. “We were wondering if he’d been killed or just died of old age.”

It was getting dark, and I had no idea what I was looking at,” Dillard said. “The first thing I noticed on him was his huge brow tines. Then I walked around in front of him to pick his head up and shined my flashlight on the front of his rack and saw that he had all these big kickers coming off the main beam and that’s when I started freaking out a little bit.
    " does not look like rigor mortis has set in"! Man what are you looking at ? The pictures that are shown are of the deer already mounted ! Are you looking at another picture of the deer ? If not this is one of the best quotes i have heard in a while ! Classic
    Last edited by scandler; 03-10-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Does that face look of an honest man?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Unless you are looking at some different pictures you're not much of a detective lol.

And, he's the one voting for us in the state house.

Nice.

Real nice.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

If I killed one that big, I wouldn't give a fuck what anybody thought. Damn going out of my way to prove something was killed in SC.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Do you not have to show some kind of proof a buck was killed in the state? Not talking about 125" deer. But when you're talking about a new record, is one not required to prove where it was killed before it's entered into the books?
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

If I killed him, you can bet your ass that you'd seen a tailgate pic before my truck tires hit pavement.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    If I killed him, you can bet your ass that you'd seen a tailgate pic before my truck tires hit pavement.
    This guy obviously wants everyone to know he kills big deer, record book, getting in the magazine every time he kills one, so why no word until it scores? Add that with what jimmy said and even I'm over here wondering.
    Im shutting up now, I hated even typing that
    Last edited by buckpro; 03-10-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    I have made this post on here before and somebody else can go search them out.

I was in Christian Brothers Hunting Club in Edgefield with this guy a few years ago. The land I still have leased is beside theirs

He was asked to leave Christian Brothers club for trying to pass off a midwest buck as a kill on club land. If i remember correctly it was killed in Indiana or maybe missouri.

I cant say he is lying this time or any of the other record book bucks he has registered, but I know he lied about this one.
    There are a few deer like that in the books for sure.

Pathetic for a man to lie to stroke his own ego. I'd be leery of anything that guy ever told me again. Not much of a man.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 03-11-2017 at 07:14 AM.

another article on him says he has at least two more on the wall that'd make the record books, but he thinks measurements and the publicity takes away from the deer......and yeah, record books have him killing two on the same day in different counties.....i could care less, just curious about the guy.....i do think this guy will never be satisfied in life....he says one thing and presents another....that's sad

I don't care where he killed his deer and hope he continues to have great success. I feel like the "look at me look at me" type who are amazed and wowed by numbers and inches would absolutely lie, cheat or steal when trying to procure a record book buck. I don't for one second believe this guy. I am not a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    You have to wait 60 days after the season to have it officially scored! The DNR is scoring deer at diffrent locations now , so if you got one that will make it ,then go have it scored. Yall are a bunch of hatters up in here ! Have
    Yep, I am a hatter. I wear one every day...what of it??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    Do you not have to show some kind of proof a buck was killed in the state? Not talking about 125" deer. But when you're talking about a new record, is one not required to prove where it was killed before it's entered into the books?
    Not in SC. Boone & Crockett, Pope & Young and some states make you agree to take a polygraph.

If somebody did the odds of killing 5 of the highest scoring bucks ever killed in SC and the #1 NT it would make winning the power ball as easy as flipping a corn.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    .....i do think this guy will never be satisfied in life....he says one thing and presents another....that's sad
    A man like Dillard has a great empty hole through the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

good buck but I'm calling bullshit. Not sure what this guy is trying to compensate for-kinda sad.