Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC House on Constitutional Carry

DT does not give two shits what those on the "duck site" think. If he did, he would listen to us and those who share the same opinion in his district and vote accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Stop. It's a House bill. The current judiciary chairman will always table a constitutional carry bill. The House hide behind this. This was a vote to reintroduced the bill on the floor and by-pass the committee. They will now hide behind House rules. What does that have to do with the Senate?
    How are you reconciling your claim that this was a vote to reintroduce the bill and by-pass the committee and its failing to pass is a good thing with this...

Instead of letting HB 3700, the Constitutional Carry bill, sit and die without so much as a hearing or a vote, pro-gun champion State Rep. Jonathon Hill made a motion this past week to recall his Constitutional Carry bill from this kill committee.
    Since the Nays carried the vote, it leaves the CC bill tabled, does it not?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Don't worry DT will show up soon and explain to us why we are all a bunch of dumbasses. We don't know what is good for us and he/his minions will protect us. I like how it always boils down to a deeper issue and we just aren't bright enough to see it.
    Maybe God told him to vote against it. Like this: http://bit.ly/2lyzMrY
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Sorry just saw this thread.

I have never dodged a conversation.

First off, I never knew what he actually asked to come out of committee. I was told "it was a gun bill." He asked for this bill to come out of committee after a 5 second explanation.

A request to pull a bill out of committee comes during the "Unanimous Consent Request" period. Immediately after his request, a democrat immediately raised his hand to object. I thought it was over. Then Hill requested roll call. What? Roll call is an inappropriate parliamentary request during the unanimous consent period because granting the request REQUIRES UNANIMOUS CONSENT.

Hill then asked for roll call. When the speaker granted him a roll call (everyone votes) we proceeded into the vote on the board. I still did not know what the bill did. I looked up on the voting board and saw both Mike Pitts and Brian White voting no. They are strong gun advocates I respect and hunt with. I followed their lead and the majority fell in with them.

I plan to ask them why they voted that way during our caucus meeting Tuesday.

It turns out Hill asked for the bill to come out of committee during the MOTION period. I have seen the motion period used ONE time since my 11 years in the house. Normally the speaker just blows through it. We have been told to stay out of the motion period because there are no rules governing it.

Hill is a lone wolf who you would never follow into battle. He is the least likely person in the house with enough clout to pull off this bill.

If Hill seriously wanted the bill to pass he would work with representative leaders in the gun advocacy world. Hill just wanted the attention.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I looked up on the voting board and saw both Mike Pitts and Brian White voting no. I followed their lead
    Thanks for clarifying. Sheep
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-07-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Mike Pitts is the former President of the National Congressional Sportsmens Caucus. Brian White is currently a board member. Hill is a twit who has probably never shot an animal in his life.

Report back to us as to why your two strong gun advocates voted no
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Here is your hero.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 03-07-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Check out his website.
    https://www.facebook.com/jhill9693/photos?pnref=lhc

Not a dead animal or gun in a pic.

Y'all can follow this second lieutenant up the "Hill" to fight. I will wait on the next Huey with a Master Sargent.

I always worried about open carry for one reason.

If this becomes the law of the land CWP goes away.

2 really bad things happen when CWP's go away.

1) Until a universal US carry law is installed we need reciprocity to carry in other states. We would loose that in many instances. It is already complicated enough having to get this state or this state to carry in this state an that state. We don't need more confusion to that process. NOPE! We need it to become more simple.

2) And the biggie to me with no CWP you loose the back ground exemption on a 4473. IE you will have to have a NICS check overtime you buy a gun.

My guess is the 2 DT mentioned voted no on 1 or both issues I just mentioned. Many others followed them or just said no due to the procedural conundrum Mr. Hill walked into.

I'm huge proponent of the 2nd amendment means what it says. Unfortunately we have idiots who don't think that way an will use every means necessary to limit our freedom. Every action has a reaction especially in politics and 10x especially when politics and gun rights collide.

The Hughes amendment in 86 is a fine example of "the enemy" getting something cloak an dagger style as we thought we were getting the best deal.

I've gotta back DT and the nays on this one.

Loosing the CWP benefits is not worth gaining what this bill does.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-07-2017 at 03:29 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Cute, coming from a guy that wears bedazzled jeans.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I bet you when DT punched that ticket at least for a moment he thought "They going to fry me on the duck site for this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I am not sure about DT but most was thinking how they would like to hang the junior Rep from Anderson for pushing them. The storyline is Hill is trying to skip the process of a hearing and their vote was to honor the process, but they will not mention the same bill died in the same committee last year.

The bill is not dead, the committee can still vote on it and there is more pressure now for a vote.

I was close, see DT trying to hang the guy here.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 03-07-2017 at 05:52 AM.

You serious? SC can keep their CWP certification and we can carry in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I always worried about open carry for one reason.

If this becomes the law of the land CWP goes away.

2 really bad things happen when CWP's go away.

1) Until a universal US carry law is installed we need reciprocity to carry in other states. We would loose that in many instances. It is already complicated enough having to get this state or this state to carry in this state an that state. We don't need more confusion to that process. NOPE! We need it to become more simple.

2) And the biggie to me with no CWP you loose the back ground exemption on a 4473. IE you will have to have a NICS check overtime you buy a gun.

My guess is the 2 DT mentioned voted no on 1 or both issues I just mentioned. Many others followed them or just said no due to the procedural conundrum Mr. Hill walked into.

I'm huge proponent of the 2nd amendment means what it says. Unfortunately we have idiots who don't think that way an will use every means necessary to limit our freedom. Every action has a reaction especially in politics and 10x especially when politics and gun rights collide.

The Hughes amendment in 86 is a fine example of "the enemy" getting something cloak an dagger style as we thought we were getting the best deal.

I've gotta back DT and the nays on this one.

Loosing the CWP benefits is not worth gaining what this bill does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 03-07-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Oh and since you are so inquisitive, call your boyfriend girl scout pack leader here and ask him if he owns a weapon or ever shot an animal.

I see you lashing out at folks taking jabs at you. But what is up with slamming Rep. Hill personally on social media? He did not take a personal jab at you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the procedural mess created by Hill. I accept your reasoning at this point and, under the circumstances, may well have voted the same way.

I would suggest/request that some of you experienced Reps pull Hill in to a closed meeting and give him some coaching and homework assignments so he doesn't become a future roadblock due to being an idiot.

I sat next to Brian White at a lunch yesterday, but didn't get an opportunity to ask him about this. He was getting ready to give a presentation of the gas tax to a room of people.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'