Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aoudad Hunt

Default Aoudad Hunt

Anybody hunted these in W Texas or NM and willing to share their experience?

Ride around on high rack and shoot them. Pretty cool animal. I miss a stud a couple of years ago. Do have a place in mind?

A buddy of mine went to Texas on a ram hunt that his friends set up. He said the guy pulled a horse trailer out in a field and turned them loose. He told them to let them clear the trailer before he shot. One of the rams kept running into the fence and my buddy said he just couldn't stop laughing and said na I'm good and went back to camp. One of the funniest stories I've ever heard. I still laugh hearing him tell it.

depends on where you go. the place I went was all wild animals no high fence.

Yeah I know. Just thought I would pass on so someone else didn't make the same mistake.

Buddy of mine shot one in a soybean field here in town a few years ago
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Of all the animals you could pay to shoot.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

The Texans hold the Aoudad in pretty high regard when it comes to exotics. Smart, skittish, and tough as a two dollar steak .. It takes a pretty good hit from a powerful rifle to kill one clean. The Billys weigh over 300 lbs. Pretty cool animals. I wouldn't mind doing a hunt for one in the Trans-Pecos or somewhere similar. ( If I could do a combo hunt for one of the big Pronghorns they have there)
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    A buddy of mine went to Texas on a ram hunt that his friends set up. He said the guy pulled a horse trailer out in a field and turned them loose. He told them to let them clear the trailer before he shot. One of the rams kept running into the fence and my buddy said he just couldn't stop laughing and said na I'm good and went back to camp. One of the funniest stories I've ever heard. I still laugh hearing him tell it.
    Well, your buddy seems like a pansy. If I get on an airplane to go shoot something,l, and that something presents itself, I'll tip that something over. I may not feel like I tracked down bin laden, but dead stuff is fun.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Ain't nothing fun about killin livestock.

It's like a target that dies and falls over
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Truth right here
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Like hogs
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Well, your buddy seems like a pansy. If I get on an airplane to go shoot something,l, and that something presents itself, I'll tip that something over. I may not feel like I tracked down bin laden, but dead stuff is fun.
    He killed some hogs and a deer I think but said there was no way he could shoot that damn thing. I always tease him that for $1000 he can come shoot one of my cows.

Although I haven't killed an Aoudad as of yet, its definitely on the immediate hit list. They are as intriguing to me as the RMBHS minus the introduction. Free range Ad will kick your SC ass into the ground more so than Elk or Mule Deer any day given free range. As to dumping them out of a trailer well that reminds me of the phukliks that post pics of calla ducks and high fenced round the neck, don't short yourself. Take the blank if need be but do it right as possible.

I say go for it.

If you need a contact for free range I have a couple guys that I speak with that have a mans challenge awaiting.
    Genesis 9;2

Tell that to George Nelson....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Will keep the that in mind, Strick. On my to do list as well. Everything I have read about the free range hunts says just that (about the hellacious terrain). I'm not at all interested in shooting one in a pen. It appears that the DIY option in W Texas can be a good value if you do your homework.

Yes, my brother and I hunted aoudad in west texas last year. We hunted with Bubba Glosson. I'd be happy to help you any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Tell that to George Nelson....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww George, not the livestock...
    Last edited by Burney Mac; 05-03-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I hate cows worse than coppers
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004