Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to get serious about choosing a suppressor or two...

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Looking at a 30 cal ultra 7 direct thread for a Model 7 in .308.
    Exact one I run. I've been using it on a 20" 308 and a 24" 7mm Mag.... Works great on both.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Resurrecting this thread for updated info...

I've been told that PSA has a 30% discount on suppressors through the end of the month, so I'm going to go up and take a look in the next few days. While I'd like to wait until the law changes to make them 'off the shelf accessories', assuming it's going to get passed, at least part of that legislation includes a refund of any tax stamp $'s retroactive back to something like Oct. 2015, so that's probably worth the gamble.

How might one prioritize this list of suppressors that have been mentioned here...

.45 - 30 cal... ?

- Thunder Beast
    - Thunder Beast Ulta 7 (?)
    - Silencerco Omega
    - Harvester
    - Deadair Mask
    - Gemtech Halo

.22 cal...

- Spectre
    - ACC xxx?

Again, I'm figuring on one for 9mm, so I guess I'd go with a .45 variety, and quite possibly one that could also be used for 5.56. Recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I use my Omega on .308, 300 BLK, and 5.56. I have a .22 end cap but I almost never switch from the 30 caliber cap. The noise difference isn't noticeable and there's less chance of forgetting to swap it back for 30 caliber. It's my only removable can so I can't offer any comparison with others. I love it and may buy another just like it.

I'm anxious for the law to change too but there is going to be a shortage of them when everyone rushes to buy one. It might be smarter to go ahead and bite the bullet, pay the tax and go through the stupid ATF process.

I don't miss the tax money I spent for the ones I have. It'll spoil you. I hate shooting a gun with suppression now.

The TIrants are the best handgun silencers I've shot used. We had one that just got out of jail last weekend. We had it on a Glock 21 with a Vortex Venom dot. Ringing a steel silhouette at 100 yds was easy. Those damn things are addictive.

For the 22, look at the DA Mask. You can run 556/223 through .30 cal cans. Some even have end caps that are smaller to match a .223 caliber bullet.

I stopped by the Greenville store for a few minutes today to take a look. Unfortunately I didn't have any notes with me about the pros and cons on the various models so didn't make any impulsive purchases, although if it wasn't for the fingerprint and picture requirements, which is just an idiotic hassle, I probably would have bought at least one.
    ~ George Washington

Has anyone tried buying from silencershop and using one of their kiosk's where you do the fingerprints and photo electronically? It seems like it would be rather simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Has anyone tried buying from silencershop and using one of their kiosk's where you do the fingerprints and photo electronically? It seems like it would be rather simple.
    Are the kiosks located at specific dealers?
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    My FFL in Lugoff has a kiosk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have shot my Form 1 cans next to at least 4-5 of the major manufacturers similar product. And in every case, to the human ear, it preformed better than the off the shelf $1000 cans, but for one. My buddy even send a Gemtech back after we shot.

If HPA passes I will may very well buy an off the shelf suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Yes

I've got the omega for the big calibers and a spectre for the 22.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Im using an Anschutz 1907 smallbore target rifle (.22) I like the little thing for playing aorund with, and its crazy accurate. Anyhow, I bought a box of .22 LR subsonic rounds to see if just how quiet they would be. There was some difference, but i was a little dissapointed.