Thread: Sights on a LCP II

Default Sights on a LCP II

A while back, I got an LCP II. It's a great little pistol and I really like it a lot, but with aging eyes, the black sights just were not doing it for me. So, I decided to do something about it.
    I drilled a dimple into the front sight post. Later, I will put a little cold blue into the hole, and after that, I will put a tiny drop of glow paint into it. Since the dimple came out really nice, I'm sure it will turn out very nice in the end. It took a while to get it all set up in the drill press correctly as to make sure I was drilling dead center. It's close enough and I'm pleased.

Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Simple and effective. The sights on the LCP II are sooooo much better than the old original LCP sights to begin with. This is a worthwhile mod if you have the set-up to do it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I use neon orange fingernail polish applied with a sharpened toothpick. Works good and holds up well. You just have to watch where you apply different solvents. If it gets messed up, there's always more paint available.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Yeah, it will definitely be a worthwhile mod for me...especially at the range. Having a good focal point really improves my accuracy. It wasn't difficult, but I was nervous about getting it centered. I already ordered some green Glow-On paint.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.