Thread: The difference a year makes

Default The difference a year makes

Over 9 inches growth on this side alone. From the pictures, he appears to have been 4.5 in 2016. Should be a good one in 2017.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

But bucks in SC don't grow like that. Very cool that you could find his sheds 2 years in a row

Stop stalkin' my deer, ya gypsy.

Neither one of us is gonna kill him.

That sorry bastard will die of old age.

I got a picture of him this week with both antlers off.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I have walked 20 miles looking for the other side.

I have a pic of him with another buck just as big (body wise).

You are probably right....Mrs. Cooper will probably run over him with her car on August 14.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    But bucks in SC don't grow like that. Very cool that you could find his sheds 2 years in a row
    I didn't. I found both of them this year. I had never seen him before because the resident Gypsy liason has had him hemmed up in his shop the last 4 years.

If you found both sheds this year, they are from two different bucks. Unless you got some mean ass barn cats roamin around.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    If you found both sheds this year, they are from two different bucks. Unless you got some mean ass barn cats roamin around.
    I would love to think you are correct, and that they are from two different deer. There are too many similarities. And I have found complete, old, bleached out white sheds in October and November that did not have one single gnaw mark on them from the rodents. The base of the smaller one does not look fresh like the others I have found...I believe it is a shed from last winter.

Aye! I was looking at the base too. Hard to tell from pics.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Aye! I was looking at the base too. Hard to tell from pics.
    There are some anomalies on the burr on both of them in exactly the same place. I am pretty sure its from the same deer.

If one was the other's little brother, all the better.

That base does look somewhat fresh, unless it was just in a good spot where the sun didn't get to it much.

image.jpg

This is a year old shed I found yesterday and it looks a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    That base does look somewhat fresh, unless it was just in a good spot where the sun didn't get to it much.
    It was in an old hardwood bottom where it would have gotten very little direct sunlight.

image.jpg

This is a year old shed I found yesterday and it looks a lot worse.
    Out in the open in a field I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Out in the open in a field I guess?
    It was in the swamp, I just didn't take the picture until I was in the field. It was pretty well hidden from the sunlight but was partially in the water.

It was in the swamp, I just didn't take the picture until I was in the field. It was pretty well hidden from the sunlight but was partially in the water.
    It might be more than a year old, to be that white.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    It might be more than a year old, to be that white.
    It looks like it would be but I have a ton of trail cam pictures of the buck it came off of. It was a 2 1/2 yr old 9 point that was on camera everyday.

It looks like it would be but I have a ton of trail cam pictures of the buck it came off of. It was a 2 1/2 yr old 9 point that was on camera everyday.
    Nice.