Thread: As Cube Would Say, "Today Was A Good Day"

Default As Cube Would Say, "Today Was A Good Day"

I ordered three guns in the last few weeks. The initial order made on 2/7 was shown as "backordered" after I ordered it; nice of them to tell me that AFTER I ordered it. Expected ship date was 2/20. On 2/23, I checked the status and it was still not shown as shipped, yet my FFL received my other two firearms.

After inquiring where my gun was, they said it would hopefully ship 3/5. Whatever. I'd just pay my FFL the extra fee for an individual transfer...

Tonight, I decided I'd just go ahead and pick up Colt's new Savage along with my S&W 15-22 (Gen2) which had been sitting for about a week. I have a Gen1 15-22 that's nicely outfitted, but figured a second wouldn't be bad, as Colt is showing a desire to shoot it more and more.

The Savage...well, I bought him the "other" version for his birthday in December, but he wanted the barrel threaded and the cost difference just brought me into this rifle. I sold his birthday present, and replaced it with a nicer model. He couldn't be happier.

Got it sighted in tonight just before dusk, and he was hitting a 1" popper at 40 yards, in low light, like a boss.

Last edited by USMCsilver; 02-25-2017 at 11:20 PM.