Thread: Sokolovsky .45 Automaster (Heirloom)

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Sokolovsky .45 Automaster (Heirloom)

Sokolovsky .45 Automaster

These guns are very rare. Some people are speculating the price would start at $10,000. The NRA National Firearms museum has 3.

Here's what the guy that put the pictures on another gun forum said:

This here is a Sokolovsky .45 Automaster, which was passed down to my Father in law. The original owner became good friends with Mr. Sokolovsky when he emigrated to America and this was given to him as a token of their friendship. I really wish I would have cleaned it up before taking pics of my fingerprints. I thought it was serial number 2, but none of the pictures seem to show that. I cannot remember if the serial number is under the grips or what, but I'm disappointed that I don't have a picture of it. Anyway, this is absolutely the coolest pistol I've ever seen in person and held. The fit would put any top notch 1911 to shame. It borders on being absurdly tight. The magazine release and the safety are hard to make out. They are on either side of the trigger, and almost appear as though they are part of the frame. They operate just like the trigger, and can be pushed back to either release the magazine or engage/release the safety. Very very cool piece of history. Hopefully one day it is passed down to my wife and I.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-25-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That's neat, but one of the ugliest pistols I have ever seen
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son