Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Question

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Coffee Question

I keep reading about people putting butter in their coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm curious as to why they do this. Is it just a new fad dietary thing with the new age hippies/yuppies and is there really some kind of health benefit as they claim?

And one more question, how many here have tried this?

Everyone is Suddenly Putting Butter In Their Coffee
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I've heard of coconut oil in there, but not PB.

EDIT - Damn. I read that as peanut butter.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 02-24-2017 at 03:13 PM.

more butter as a way to lose weight makes as much sense as stabbing yourself in the neck as a solution to bleeding less......the lack of common sense and how blindly people will believe shit really shouldn't surprise me any more, though

Never heard of butter. But years ago we had a secretary that got some Kahlua as a gift. And her friend told her it was great in coffee. So she carried it to work and proceeded to add it to her coffee every morning. She loved it and started telling one of the other coworkers about how great it was. She had no idea it was alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Never heard of butter. But years ago we had a secretary that got some Kahlua as a gift. And her friend told her it was great in coffee. So she carried it to work and proceeded to add it to her coffee every morning. She loved it and started telling one of the other coworkers about how great it was. She had no idea it was alcohol.
    Blonde?

That's just a gateway to bacon in coffee---no thanks from me...
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 02-24-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yeah, I've heard of it and know some people that do it. Just sounds nasty to me. Can't stand the taste of coffee and putting butter in it just sounds worse.

Look up oil pulling. More Ludacris crap that people do.

I've heard coconut oil, not butter. Some people say it is healthy, but those folks are the ones that run every day and could use the calories. I don't think it will help your everyday fatass. But if you otherwise are not eating breakfast, probably better than just coffee.

One person told me it makes coffee super smooth. Not sure what he meant, but I do reckon it would help someone generate a morning turd about as fast as coffee with a bacon egg and cheese followed by a cigarette.

it's called bullet proof coffee, it's a big part of the ketogenic diet. keto diet was developed to help epileptic children in the early 1900s. it's also proven immensely successful for diabetics with a good number actually seeing their diabetes disapear after eating this way. if you really want to dive into it listen to this episode of Tim Ferris podcast: http://tim.blog/2016/07/06/dom-dagostino-part-2/

I've been putting butter in coffee for over a year. The idea behind the keto diet is to limit your net carbs to about 20 g while eating a high fat diet and moderate amount of protein. the butter in the coffee is a way to deliver healthy fats to your system. you can sub butter for mct oil or coconut oil. i started the keto diet last year and the first 2 days sucked as I went through carb & sugar withdrawal. but after i made it through that, i stuck to it for about 5 months and dropped over 40 lbs. while on keto i was never hungry and my mental clarity was improved with much more energy. i've been in and out of keto for couple months and trying to get back to it because i felt so great. if you want to read more check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Blonde?

Yeap. And a preacher's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeap. And a preacher's daughter.
    Well bless her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    more butter as a way to lose weight makes as much sense as stabbing yourself in the neck as a solution to bleeding less......the lack of common sense and how blindly people will believe shit really shouldn't surprise me any more, though
    Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbohydrates make you fat. But please don't let common sense and blindly believing shit get in the way of you being a complete idiot.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbohydrates make you fat. But please don't let common sense and blindly believing shit get in the way of you being a complete idiot.
    I knew that was coming after I read cleancultured reply.

Fish is correct animal fat does not make you fat. It also doesn't clog up your arteries. Both of those ideas have long since been proven wrong but they were pushed so hard and so long that too many people still believe it. I was always skeptical of those ideas. My great-grandfather made his living raising hogs so he and my great-grandmother probably ate pork and pork fat at least one meal a day, if not more. She died at the age 103, he dropped dead while working on his farm at the age of 106. It's safe to say they had good health even though they ate lots of animal fat.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-24-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

If nothing else it'll make that first dump of the day slide right on out.

fish, you know what the fuck i'm saying; people, the masses, are blind and can't think for themselves, will believe anything....butter to make you lose weight?....come on....science can be argued in so many ways to make just about anything true...i'm sure someone is making a killing off this arguement of 'bulletproof coffee' and is marketing the heck out of it.....why over complicate things?.....granny and pawpaw still cook with lard everyday and at 85 and 87....both would probably work circles around me as well....so yeah, i pick up what you're throwing down too

I want to know more about mixing PEANUT butter and coffee...

im not a huge fan of the way coffee tastes, there are a lot of other drinks I would prefer with breakfast but over the course of the past two months I have taken to drinking coffee on a somewhat regular basis.
    The reason being is my work schedule. I get off at 1am and lot of times i am back up fairly early in the morning to hunt. I have found that a cup of coffee in the morning goes a long way towards preventing a headache later in the day.

Don't know about butter in it tho....
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Dropped some coconut oil in the coffee this morning. It may have actually improved my shitty coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Dropped some coconut oil in the coffee this morning. It may have actually improved my shitty coffee.
    I may try it for giggles on this morning's cup.

That's some silly shit.