Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Locating turkeys

Dang, I am ready. My son bought his airline ticket to hunt a few days with me.
    Him and I both going for our first. I don't call too much, as sort of a beginner but I hit an old
    antique cedar box call an old timer who killed a ton of birds gave me and we usually get a response
    from it and then sit and shut up for the most part. We learn something new every time we go.
    I am highly confident that two will die next month.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 02-25-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Poosay
    That's it!

I'm packing some rope in my turkey vest. The first tornado that blows up I'm tying myself to the base of the tree and I'm staying put! No even the Wonderful Wizzard of Oz will take me away then!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I've never had as much luck on birds straight from the roost as I have a little later. I suppose that is because I call aggressively. That pretty much answers how I would get a response, but the real question is how to get on them....period. I think it's better if that is the result of scouting, knowing the land, and experience. They are easier to call if you are where they want to be at the time they want to be there, right?

Pattern their routes and keep track of the hen activity if possible. Otherwise, study the land and call the darned birds like you mean it.

Albert Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    That's it!

I'm packing some rope in my turkey vest. The first tornado that blows up I'm tying myself to the base of the tree and I'm staying put! No even the Wonderful Wizzard of Oz will take me away then!
    Damn a tornado, it will just take the tree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    That's it!

That's the spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

In the day I use my mouth to make a crow call

In the morning I make a shitty and I mean shitty owl mouth call but the turkey birds don't seem to mnd.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator