Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR sight advice

Swamp - have you used the GG&G M.A.D. flip-up? I have one sitting under a Vortex Viper PST and always enjoyed its minimalistic design when I solely ran it.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Get a carry handle or flip up rear and learn how to shoot your rifle. Get an optic after you learn how to sue it as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Get a carry handle or flip up rear and learn how to shoot your rifle. Get an optic after you learn how to sue it as intended.
    I bought a rear sight and 300 rounds of ammo today. Too many options on optics to make a decision right now. Thanks for all of the advice.

Solid advice from Media Guy. I got the Magpul rear flip up sight and had one range visit with 100 rounds downrange using the fixed sights. Hope to make several more range trips with the fixed sights but shopping right now. So far leaning towards the Holosun 403B red dot or a 1-4x30mm scope keeping the budget around $180.

I have a SBR set up with the DD rail-mounted fixed front sight and a Troy flip up rear. Works great, co-witnesses with the Aimpoint.

About to bite off on starting a PDW project - the gun may run with a set up basic flip up front and rear sights and a Leupold Delta Point Pro.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

If you don't like an eotech then you need to learn how to properly shoot an AR
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

My only complaint about my EOTech is that it's hard to see the reticle on sunny days and a bright (sandy) background. Other than that... it's the tits.

Their new line of variable scopes look interesting, too.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    If you don't like an eotech then you need to learn how to properly shoot an AR
    Damn good thing a box of Crayons comes with so many colors...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with recommending a red dot or variable scope for a new shooter, especially for someone who plans to use the platform for target shooting, etc. Maybe get a Vortex SPARC or Strike Eagle. You do not have to master irons to enjoy a MSR.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Damn good thing a box of Crayons comes with so many colors...
    You prefer a 50mm objective or a 24 on a rifle?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You prefer a 50mm objective or a 24 on a rifle?
    Reckon it depends on caliber/use.

Do you refer a 1" or 30mm tube?

We could go back and forth on this shit for eternity.

The jist of it is "different stokes for different folks".

And, there's different intended applications for everything out there...

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 02-24-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I bought a rear sight and 300 rounds of ammo today. Too many options on optics to make a decision right now. Thanks for all of the advice.
    Good choice. You can take it one step further and buy a national match style from post. I use a .040 post from White Oak Armament. It really tightens up your sight picture. When I was seeing and shooting my best I could shoot 1-2 MOA with irons out to about 400 yds. Some days better some days worse depending on my vision and conditions. Also take your time and get a really good zero. The article below is 3 gun based but a really good resource from a great shooter.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-power-of-one/
    Last edited by FLS; 02-25-2017 at 02:14 PM.