Thread: Jackson Hole

Default Jackson Hole

Soooo.... the wife and I had a trip planned for Snowshoe for this week and after watching the weather non stop decided to eat the snowshoe money and book a last minute trip west. By last minute we booked it exactly 12 hours before we boarded the flight. The few hours we have been here it's obvious these guys love diesel trucks and whiskey. The restaurant we ate lunch at had an awesome selection which I think some of you guys would have enjoyed. We are going to ski at least 4 days but I am up to suggestions for things to do on our other couple of days. I know you guys are well travelled..... GO!!!!

Hell this time of year all I did was feed cows when I lived out there. About all there is to do in Jackson right now is ski, drink and practice making babies. Go see the elk getting a bite to eat on the feed grounds. You could go snowmobiling up in Yellowstone.
    cut\'em

What southernduck said...

Lots of options in the summer. Not so much in February. Enjoy it. Go have drinks on top of the mountain at the resort and bring a camera. It's a beautiful view of the valley from up there.

Changed plans huhh?

Go have a drink at the Silver Dollar Bar at the Wort. JH is a very cool town. I've been twice in the summer.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I lived out there until my flyline froze up while stripping a streamer one afternoon in late September. We did kill a pile of mallards on Harrison Ford's property without getting caught so there was that...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I lived out there until my flyline froze up while stripping a streamer one afternoon in late September. We did kill a pile of mallards on Harrison Ford's property without getting caught so there was that...
    Oh, the irony
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Have fun they have had a huge winter.

Hit up the Snake River Grill for some great steaks and a very impressive bourbon selection

Great skiing out there...Used to do a couple days at JH, and a day each at Targhee and Snow King. Terrain is great, probably my second favorite set of mountains outside of Alta/ Snowbird/Canyons. Mix in a couple days on the sleds driving through Teton/Yellowstone.

Dinner at the Gun Barrel, order a burger at Snake River (have to ask, not on the menu), have a shot (or 5) on the barber chair, and enjoy your time in the mountains.

Go to "the Bird" south of town to get a burger. My wife and i really enjoyed it. Here is an excerpt on how to order a burger from their menu:

" We grind our meat fresh everyday in house. Wonderful brisket cuts get formed into patties, they rest for a while and then hit the grill. That said- if you order a steak medium, then why the hell would order our burger well-done**? Understand that color means flavor, which translates into the best damn burger you've ever had!
    Please order medium rare and rare if you know what this means. The center of every piece of meat will be less done than the edges... this is physics and beyond our control. If you think your meat is too rare* (you don't have to), please close your eyes and take a bite before you send it back, we bet you it's delicious.
    If you ARE squeamish about your meat*, this is a MUST READ. Our 9oz burgers are big. They come off the grill and are still cooking. They are meant for the center to be ready by the time you get to it. IF you take a *@cking knife and immediately go hacking it in half**, it WILL be underdone. Please have some fries and wait a minute or two before cutting into it."

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    Hit up the Snake River Grill for some great steaks and a very impressive bourbon selection
    This...been cross eyed in there a couple times

Check out the bar at Dornan's. Incredible view of the Tetons.

Be extremely careful driving out there. DUI enforcement is brutal.

Snake River Brewery on Millward is also worth a stop.

Nora's is a good stop for breakfast if you are going between town and ski mountain. Just west of turn to Teton Village on 22 at foot of pass.

Thanks guys. Got run off of the mountain around lunch today due to high avalanche danger. Hit up the silver dollar this afternoon. Taking a snowmobile tour up Gros Ventre on Thursday. Hopefully we'll be able to get back on the mountain in the morning

They'll be firing the cannons all night.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Stuff has a hard time flying when he's involved, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Go to "the Bird" south of town to get a burger. My wife and i really enjoyed it. Here is an excerpt on how to order a burger from their menu:

" We grind our meat fresh everyday in house. Wonderful brisket cuts get formed into patties, they rest for a while and then hit the grill. That said- if you order a steak medium, then why the hell would order our burger well-done**? Understand that color means flavor, which translates into the best damn burger you've ever had!
    Please order medium rare and rare if you know what this means. The center of every piece of meat will be less done than the edges... this is physics and beyond our control. If you think your meat is too rare* (you don't have to), please close your eyes and take a bite before you send it back, we bet you it's delicious.
    If you ARE squeamish about your meat*, this is a MUST READ. Our 9oz burgers are big. They come off the grill and are still cooking. They are meant for the center to be ready by the time you get to it. IF you take a *@cking knife and immediately go hacking it in half**, it WILL be underdone. Please have some fries and wait a minute or two before cutting into it."
    Damn that's funny....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Stuff has a hard time flying when he's involved, it seems....

Hey Clawbo
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 02-21-2017 at 10:11 PM.