Thread: Poly Choke or Briley

Default Poly Choke or Briley

I have a 20 ga 1100 standard with a plain barrel choked in imp cyl. I'm leaning toward sending it to Poly Choke to have a Choke and vent rib installed but I don't know much about them. Anyone got any first hand experience?

I've always heard good stuff about Briley. Would it be more worthwhile to keep it a plain barrel and have Brileys put in it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poly chokes are rather unsightly but are pretty versatile. Honestly for what it would cost to send the barrel to have a rib put on and choked you could probably just sell that barrel and buy a factory vent ribbed barrel with rem chokes.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Poly chokes are rather unsightly but are pretty versatile. Honestly for what it would cost to send the barrel to have a rib put on and choked you could probably just sell that barrel and buy a factory vent ribbed barrel with rem chokes.
    this. Check ebay.

I would just buy a new barrel.

[QUOTE=Phone Man;2298127]Poly chokes are rather unsightly but are pretty versatile. Honestly for what it would cost to send the barrel to have a rib put on and choked you could probably just sell that barrel and buy a factory vent ribbed barrel with rem chokes.[/

It's a standard 20ga which was built on the 12 ga receiver and mag tube. To my knowledge there's no one making barrels for them. Second hand barrels go for mid $300s and haven't seen any of them with screw chokes. If the gun didn't have sentimental value I'd sell it and buy an LT20 1100 but I want to keep this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a new barrel for my old 12 ga