Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: doe day with tags

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Are you the deer dictator of SC? From reading your posts, it seems you single handily made all the decisions concerning this crock of crap legislation and hold the pen to all forthcoming legislation.
    Nobody is a dictator there are many players. It is laughable for anyone to make an absolute statement about deer management. Land and McGill said there never would be limits or tags.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-21-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That was a joke.
    You are a joke. You want to force your way of hunting on everyone. Nothing else is going to change. They met in the middle to keep both sides happy. I'm not sure why you want to force these things on the Lowcountry when you're in the upstate. Actually I do know why.... And I've told you many times

You sound bitter I hate that really, rarely in SC politics does anyone compromise until forced. Land and McGill constituents made it clear for years buck limits wouldn't ever be on the table. Well, it took biologist a few years but guess what. Carpet bagging game laws took the first hit. Look around at neighboring states that is where SC headed in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You sound bitter I hate that really, rarely in SC politics does anyone compromise until forced. Land and McGill constituents made it clear for years buck limits wouldn't ever be on the table. Well, it took biologist a few years but guess what. Carpet bagging game laws took the first hit. Look around at neighboring states that is where SC headed in time.

You still didn't answer the question...... I knew that whole spill about carpet bagging BS blah blah blah was coming. I'm the furthest thing from a damn carpet bagger you can get. Also I don't give a shit what other states are doing. All the states around us population fell as well and guess what, they're on this program. It was simple science and you know it as well as I do. The resource could not maintain the population of the early 2000's and only had one way to go..... down. This was just an opportunity for Ruth and his boys to push their agenda down the throats of the citizens of SC. As southernduck has pointed out, you can not paint the whole state with one law. The upstate is very different from down here. You have a lot more to consider here than up there. I think with you its very simple. Much like the turkeys, you were and a lot of people in the upstate have always whined and complain that we get to hunt and kill more down here and its a jealousy thing. Fortunately for us people like Rep. Ott stepped in and put a stop to Ruth's agenda and met in the middle and came up with a plan that worked for most everyone and not just the few who wanted their agenda passed because they're under the delusion that suddenly we'll become Iowa and have 170" bucks walking around everywhere.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 02-21-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Nice story, bruh. Don't let me spoiled your reality.

Nice story, bruh. Don't let me spoiled your reality.

That's all you have. My point is very much proven.

Dude you have no point you are clueless and a decade late to game. It is boring. Old dogmen would be disappointed this new generation was punked by a biologist in Columbia because they was not planning ahead.

Ott did not step into a compromise. He was plan B before the swing for the fence bill was prefiled. The old dogmen at least knew who there friends were. Catch up your assumptions are boring.

Dude you have no point you are clueless and a decade late to game. It is boring. Old dogmen would be disappointed this new generation was punked by a biologist in Columbia because they was not planning ahead.

Ott did not step into a compromise. He was plan B before the swing for the fence bill was prefiled. The old dogmen at least knew who there friends were. Catch up your assumptions are boring.

A. I am not a dog hunter. I never have owned dogs nor will I ever. I just understand where they are coming from and am willing to work with them to make every one happy.
    B. I virtually hunt exactly like you other than that BS stick and string bullshit. It would surprise you how much we hunt alike. But just because I only shoot mature bucks, doesn't mean its my place to judge the next man if he doesn't.
    C. I KNOW FOR A SOLID FACT THAT THIS WAS NOT CHARLES RUTH IDEA!!!!! You can listen to him on that all you want and pat him on the back like he has done something but THIS WAS NOT HIS PLAN!!!
    D. I am not a decade late. You know I am very much correct on the population drop and you know your side saw this as an opportunity to use it as an excuse. The whole southeast population has dropped. That's the fact I want you to argue. But I know you won't. You will only jump around that fact and bitch and moan because we dog hunt down here, or get to hunt longer blah blah blah. Stay in the upstate bud and leave the Lowcountry alone. What we do does not affect you.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 02-21-2017 at 10:27 AM.

There is no conspiracy just the best way to manage deer at the macro level. Hunters will work out the micro level like always.

There is no conspiracy just the best way to manage deer at the macro level. Hunters will work out the micro level like always.

You can not manage deer the same across this whole state. It is vastly different.

With all the tags we still will receive this isn't a management plan. It is a high end cap. You can have a high end cap across entire state. This is nothing new. More than 5 bucks tags per individual isn't needed to manage a deer herd. In the rare event it is the DQP is an option.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-21-2017 at 11:36 AM.

With all the tags we still will receive this isn't a management plan. It is a high end cap. You can have a high end cap across entire state. This is nothing new. More than 5 bucks tags per individual isn't needed to manage a deer herd. In the rare event it is the DQP is an option.
    Yeah that's what I want to do. Get in DQP and have CR tell me how many I can shoot. Said no one ever. Just go with me one night in the summer during depredation period and tell me we have a deer shortage down here.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 02-21-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Unless it is does. Then it is fine. Makes sense.

Unless it is does. Then it is fine. Makes sense.

No. Honestly I don't want him telling me anything about my deer herd. He's not there every day so how would he knows what it needs or can handle. Goes back to you can't paint one picture for the whole state. That's why the old system worked best bc it was up to the hunter discretion

No, does have always been a controlled harvest. DNR always set limits on does some how. But now a 5 buck limit changes a management plan. It may seem like it, change is scary but you can still effectively manage a deer herd.

How many deer do you manage?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

No, does have always been a controlled harvest. DNR always set limits on does some how. But now a 5 buck limit changes a management plan. It may seem like it, change is scary but you can still effectively manage a deer herd.

Yes, I'm very aware of how the doe program has worked. Change does not scare me. I just don't like an agenda being forced down my throat that isn't needed especially when it's not needed. He used a "population decline" as a cover up for what he really wanted. I've heard his agenda many times. This isn't all that he wants to change.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    You can not manage deer the same across this whole state. It is vastly different.
    but you said the entire SE population declined.

you suck at this, by the way.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    How many deer do you manage?
    Fewer than before, but may increase again now that we have a cap on smaller properties being exploited. I likely will wait until we get lower buck limit up here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    but you said the entire SE population declined.

you suck at this, by the way.
    The whole southeast population did fall. Even the ones on these "tag programs". My point was the tagging system did not save their population from dropping. I'm not painting the whole southeast with one brush. Only proving this system doesn't not build up the population as CR says but rather is being put in place to "grow big bucks". Call a spade a spade. Don't try to hide it. Yeah I'm sure you do think I suck bc I'm a guy that doesn't shoot little bucks, who is like y'all and doesn't support this bs