Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEWE

It's always a zoo. I live on the peninsula and I won't go below the crosstown this weekend.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    This basically sums it up.
    I was looking for a buddy yesterday and couldn't find him so I sent him a text giving him shit saying I bet he was walking around downtown in a filson jacket with his show boykin. I do not understand why people pay to go walk around to see people selling stuff. It should be free for attendees seeing as every vendor is paying $1000 plus dollars for their booth. Half of it you don't need, the other half you either already have or can find it at any store any time. It is a see and be seen event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's no price of admission for anything at Marion Square.

We go on Friday and leave on Friday. If Kirk McCullough wouldn't have made the trip I wouldn't have gone but he needed help setting up and my wife had never been so we made the trip. Came into town on Friday around 10am and left at 5pm. 3 hour drive for me

Went today with 1 thing on the agenda, get fitted for a pair of Russell snake boots. Old bald headed guy measured my feet about 15 different times. Went with the turtle skin turkey hunter. I wanted the lightest most waterproof boot they had. Should see them in about 5 months. Looked at Hart's boot, nice but not as waterproof as I would like.
    every expert was once a beginner

I've had a pair of Russell snake boots that I bought in 1988 paid $250.00 for them back then. I still wear them but they are about shot. I sent them back once and they made new lowers for them but don't do that anymore just soles.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDog View Post
    We go on Friday and leave on Friday. If Kirk McCullough wouldn't have made the trip I wouldn't have gone but he needed help setting up and my wife had never been so we made the trip. Came into town on Friday around 10am and left at 5pm. 3 hour drive for me
    Good Ol' Kirk. Pimping out public land in Arkansas. Selling WMA maps with GPS coordinates to holes. Got to blow a cutdown and hunt a "named" hole in order to kill 'em. All while the locals out there are pushing very hard for a limit to out of state hunters.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

To each his own. Think what you want of him but he will be and always has been a AR legend. He paved the way for a lot of the younger generation and I hung out in his booth for most of the day Friday and he invest a lot of time in the youth. Sure he may have "pimped" alittle but who didn't when your name carried and still carries the weight he does. Sad part is, the worst OOSERs we're from good ole SC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His name has come up a few times when I'm around people born, raised, and living in Arkansas ... I've never heard a single good word about him.

I've never met him, don't have a desire too, I lump him into the same category of Freddy King.

Far from Freddy King! Unlike Freddy, kirk didn't ride coat tails to make his name. Sad part about the SC people bitching about him is the fact that half his clients back when guiding on public land was legal were from SC! Love him or hate him, he is still Kirk McCullough and that shit will sell everyday.

The BLM flag protest outside of marion square made the $15 worth it today

Funniest part about the protest was the fact that 7-8 extremely white people, I mean, so white the looked like they bathed in bleach before the came out white, holding up black lives matter.... oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    It was terrible downtown, Marion Square and Gilliard were packed. I couldn't really look due to all the people. Rich college kids driving their parents Land Rover wearing aviator glasses with blazers on where thick. Most of that crowd could kill a duck or anything else if they tried, but damn their cool. Last few years I have gone on Friday, next year I'll do that again. Brittlebank park was fun and I sure want that tracked Argo.
    I want the 8 wheel track Argo they had there but damn, I could not justify that, and no I didn't wear my wax coat it was too hot, most of those that were wearing wax were there for show! Damn the sights were great but out of my 64 yr old league. Looked for my buddy from Blanchard at BB park but didn't see him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtroy4man View Post
    Went today with 1 thing on the agenda, get fitted for a pair of Russell snake boots. Old bald headed guy measured my feet about 15 different times. Went with the turtle skin turkey hunter. I wanted the lightest most waterproof boot they had. Should see them in about 5 months. Looked at Hart's boot, nice but not as waterproof as I would like.
    You are the man, should have let the young lady measure you,foot massage and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Good Ol' Kirk. Pimping out public land in Arkansas. Selling WMA maps with GPS coordinates to holes. Got to blow a cutdown and hunt a "named" hole in order to kill 'em. All while the locals out there are pushing very hard for a limit to out of state hunters.

Thanks to those from Scumter and KM I bought some new tires in Arkieland.

The young lady's grandfather bought the company in 1928. She was hot.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by AH HOLY View Post
    Has anyone ever purchased a Dove hunt trip in Argentina at SEWE? It seemed like they were giving them away.
    we auction 1 every year at our East Cooper Ducks Unlimited / SEWE oyster roast friday night at the Visitor's Center bus shed. The reserve was $8,500 for 4 hunters if memory serves, I can find out & probably get you a line on our outfitter if you like.

Dang... I'm sorry I missed it again...
    867-5309

20170925_165817.jpg

Finally got my Russell Snake boots in that i ordered at SEWE and i must say they were well worth the wait and money. the craftsmanship that goes into these boots is unbelievable and the leather is as soft as a set of 40 DD titties! Can't wait to put some miles on them

Nice boots. I was suppose to get measured for some at SEWE as well. I will do it this year coming if they come. I'm looking at the Hart's turkey hunter model.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

i looked at the Harts but I wanted something a little more waterproof so I chose the Turkey Hunters. i think the main diff is the Harts have a zipper on the side, which allow you to lace them then unzip so they are prob easier to get on and off. however, the trade off is less waterproofness vs no zipper.