Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samworth WMA

Default Samworth WMA

Molly seems to be lighting a fire under some asses. Rode through Rabbit Island yesterday and was very very impressed with the management steps being taken. A good burn and they are using the Marsh Master with a roller chopper in the beds. Place looks great! Hopefully that will effort will make its way to the other compartments.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I'm not arguing with Molly.

That, I can assure you.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I'm not arguing with Molly.

That, I can assure you.
    Nope! Me either
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

That's great news.

Keep us updated on progress when you can.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Had an awesome teal shoot in there on youth day a couple of years ago. It was a pleasant surprise after hunting there 3 times before without pulling the trigger.
    DILLIGAF

The gentleman in charge of Samworth seems to me to be someone who is passionate about his job, and is ready make some real changes there.

It's a breath of fresh air. The guy knows ducks too.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The gentleman in charge of Samworth seems to me to be someone who is passionate about his job, and is ready make some real changes there.

It's a breath of fresh air. The guy knows ducks too.
    Last time I checked it was a female in charge, or at least the Biologist is a female.

Thanks for the good news fellas.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Last time I checked it was a female in charge, or at least the Biologist is a female.
    She is, most definitely, female.

And a helluva lady, at that.

ETA: She's a member here as well.
    Last edited by turbo; 02-17-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I keep hearing stellar things about her, including but not limited do 1. She asked permission to work Saturdays and 2. Was seen clearing a dike with a machete when she found she didn't have the proper modern day technology at her disposable.

If she keeps this up I will have to restart my cloning program.

And Molly if you are indeed a member here and see this ... Thank you and Keep it Up!
    Genesis 9;2

does she facebook?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    In charge may be a relative word.

The gentleman I spoke to lives on site, and is excited to be playing a roll in turning around the years of neglect.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    In charge may be a relative word.

The gentleman I spoke to lives on site, and is excited to be playing a roll in turning around the years of neglect.
    Roger that...good to know that there are some enthusiastic folks over there.

Quack- Check your pm's.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

Wish Molly the best and hope she proves the work pays off to all the other managers of our resources. Good habitat within the state's multiple reserves is good for all nearby. There is a lot of work to be done to overcome the neglect of the past few years and I hope the State will put concerted efforts into restoring the lands that have been entrusted to their care. Hard-working, appreciative and knowledgeable managers remains a key component and glad to hear of her dedication. These are great jobs for anyone who wants to advance within the profession of wetland management and I am sure her efforts will provide many returns beyond Samsworth.

Maybe they need to transfer some of those folks to delta west. Place was a damn rabbit thicket this year.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Maybe they need to transfer some of those folks to delta west. Place was a damn rabbit thicket this year.
    But seriously....

The deceased members of the Santee Gun Club are rolling over in their graves over the state of SDW
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Molly comes from a good family. She grew up on a farm just down the road from me. With her education and the work ethics she learned from her mom and dad, I guarantee she will make an impact and get things headed in the right direction. Give her some time, and I think everyone will be pleased with the progress she makes.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 03-16-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    E T

Glad to hear. We threw some serious money their way.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Thank you, Duck Tape. You're a real life saver.