Thread: Mercury question

Default Mercury question

i just bought a boat with a 2005 40 Mercury. It was an oil injected model with the oil reservoir cap sticking out of the cowling. The previous owner removed the auto-oiler, but rather than just leaving the reservoir in there, removed the entire thing. Now there is just a big hole in the top of the cowling.

Where can find a plug or cap to fit in this hole?? I think I've seen this before on other motors, maybe a black rubber plug??
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Google McMaster-Carr and search their.

Might be the more expensive route, but perhaps you could get a cowl from a non oil injected motor, then sell yours to offset. Not sure if that's even possible but it's just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We glass them in with tigerhair then paint the hood

thanks Timsmith - that website has almost as much inventory as you do. Think I found a cap that will work perfect.

willy- that was the original intention, as I have a noninjected motor too, but it hit the trading post earlier this week.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans