Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What 1600$ looks like.

After much harassment and calls to the insurance company they decided I did it properly and they are now going to reimburse me for the shots. They said had I gone to the ER the shots were covered under my plan.

My attack hound I sickd on them explained yes, but they not only would have been paying more per shot, but then had to absorb the ER fees. The insurance company realized that wasn't very smart. They got mad I bypassed them in the process and bought the shots before they said it was ok.

However DHEC explained to them there is a strict regiment that must be followed in the timing of the shots, and I didn't have the luxury of waiting.

So. After all of this they are now covering my part B shots and are now looking to revamp their policy in that they see how costly their way was to them. Many will get upset they will now go to a Dr that use the same carrier as my self rather than go to the ER, but to me it is stupid for me to go to the ER to get a shot. It clogs the system and wastes money, and exposes me to God knows what funk.

Once the process was explained to the supervisor at the insurance co they had a epiphany.

They are also looking to cover 90% of the part A as DHEC explained to them this was life or death and I had no other option. There is no other known treatment.

So Wackum you may want to look into this I'll be glad to help you recoup some of your money as I figured out the correct language to use and who to poke and prod. 20k plus for a stupid series of shots is totally unacceptable.

DHEC is also looking to try and carry the shots again. Even though Banded Mallard doesn't see the crisis most folks in health care quickly realize the severity of this disease and why it was fought so hard to the point it is almost non existent in our country today.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Good luck with your hydrophobie

Sent from my iPhone 8.5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Human rabies cases in the United States are rare, with only 1 to 3 cases reported annually. Thirty-four cases of human rabies have been diagnosed in the United States since 2003, in which 10 cases were found to have contracted infection outside of the United States and its territories. The number of human deaths in the United States attributed to rabies has been steadily declining since the 1970’s due to animal control and vaccination programs, modern rabies biologics following exposure, and successful outreach campaigns. Rabies vaccination programs have eliminated domestic dogs as reservoirs of rabies in the United States, although we still see 80 – 100 dogs and >300 cats with rabies each year, usually infected by wildlife when these domesticated pets are not vaccinated against rabies. While the biggest rabies threat in the world (domestic dogs) has been controlled in the United States, interactions with other rabies reservoir species results in 30,000 – 60,000 Americans being vaccinated against rabies each year.

That is straight from the CDC. Most times it is a preventative rabies is not that prevalent. Look up how many people die from the flu each year in the USA and get back to me. Rabies is the least of your worries.

Why not worry about doctors that hand out zpacks like tic tacs. They are breeding bacteria that we don't have antibiotics for. There are three bacteria infections in the USA that we can't do shit about. Those have a 100% kill rate.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-17-2017 at 02:48 PM.

I just figured a fella what pays over 20k in multiple rifle setups wouldnt get so bent out of shape about paying 1600 to stay alive......

Sent from my iPhone 8.5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

I paid it with no problem1

Here is the difference. I see why certain rifle set up cost 20k there was a lot of gear that goes with said rifles. Laser, lights, night vision, thermal, and suppressors.

You are actually getting something that cost a lot of money to produce, thus it cost a lot of money to buy.

There is no way on Gods green earth it takes 1600$ to produce 4 shots. The stupid vaccine has been around since 1885. This is hardly new tech, which is another reason I'm bitching. This should be common place to keep such a simple vaccine.

I don't mind spending money, but I can't stand to waste it. I had no choice pay or die. But again there is no way it cost that much to produce that vaccine.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Human rabies cases in the United States are rare, with only 1 to 3 cases reported annually. Thirty-four cases of human rabies have been diagnosed in the United States since 2003, in which 10 cases were found to have contracted infection outside of the United States and its territories. The number of human deaths in the United States attributed to rabies has been steadily declining since the 1970’s due to animal control and vaccination programs, modern rabies biologics following exposure, and successful outreach campaigns. Rabies vaccination programs have eliminated domestic dogs as reservoirs of rabies in the United States, although we still see 80 – 100 dogs and >300 cats with rabies each year, usually infected by wildlife when these domesticated pets are not vaccinated against rabies. While the biggest rabies threat in the world (domestic dogs) has been controlled in the United States, interactions with other rabies reservoir species results in 30,000 – 60,000 Americans being vaccinated against rabies each year.

That is straight from the CDC. Most times it is a preventative rabies is not that prevalent. Look up how many people die from the flu each year in the USA and get back to me. Rabies is the least of your worries.

Why not worry about doctors that hand out zpacks like tic tacs. They are breeding bacteria that we don't have antibiotics for. There are three bacteria infections in the USA that we can't do shit about. Those have a 100% kill rate.
    You are correct it is rare here now, but as you stated because we have gone to such great lengths to vaccinate every dog cat and pet since the 70's why would we want to gamble as a society any time something like this pops up.

We should take care of it quickly and keep the statistics low. Again it is 100% treatable. Why would we not treat fellow humans here in the states?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

You act like the economic laws of supply and demand don't apply to vaccines or medicine. It's not like it's aspirin that is bought and sold daily. Some places go years without having to give a post exposure vaccine. If it's cheap to produce and maintain then start making it yourself and sell it for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You act like the economic laws of supply and demand don't apply to vaccines or medicine. It's not like it's aspirin that is bought and sold daily. Some places go years without having to give a post exposure vaccine. If it's cheap to produce and maintain then start making it yourself and sell it for less.
    SW, if you start producing the vaccine at a low price, I will start collecting animals from the shelters, infecting them with rabies, and turning them loose in public. Then we can make a killing selling the vaccine for 10% below market value.

There's a heap of dumb comments in this thread....
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Good Lord. I don't really care for this Duck Tape fella either, but you bastards turn liberal when it's convenient for you.

Republican, free market, small government blah blah blah. Then you want govt assistance when it benefits you. Jesus
    ironic isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    SW, if you start producing the vaccine at a low price, I will start collecting animals from the shelters, infecting them with rabies, and turning them loose in public. Then we can make a killing selling the vaccine for 10% below market value.
    Deal
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Glenn, while in most cases I would agree with the statement of supply and demand, however because of government mandates on insurance companies and price fixing by the insurance companies, it's not a true capitalistic market. Aspirin is not a good example because you do not need a Rx to get the Aspirin and typically the people bare the cost of the Aspirin not the insurance company. So by having the insurance company and the government involved in this particular vaccine, you have artificial highs and lows.

I would not be shocked in the least to discover the same $14 vaccine for my dog is the same as my $400 vaccine. So you see the hidden hand of economics can not work properly in this instance.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

SC is one of the states that allows for every 3 years rabies vaccine on pets. Immunology research is showing some of these pets have almost lifetime immunity but due to the human health risk concern I doubt you will ever see that pushed past 3 years even if research backs up the lifetime immunity.
    Didn't that research out at the Univ of CO show strong titers out to 7-10 years, minimum... assuming healthy dogs. I say that because my first BLM had low immunities and rarely passed annual titers on any vaccine, so she obviously wouldn't qualify, but every other dog I've had since the 90's has still had strong titers at 3 yrs.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

SW I am with ya on what your layin down. Some of these fugs got babies mammas to keep happy yo.
    Genesis 9;2

Maybe I will!!!

In the mean time I will keep bitching about how much it cost me.

G