After much harassment and calls to the insurance company they decided I did it properly and they are now going to reimburse me for the shots. They said had I gone to the ER the shots were covered under my plan.

My attack hound I sickd on them explained yes, but they not only would have been paying more per shot, but then had to absorb the ER fees. The insurance company realized that wasn't very smart. They got mad I bypassed them in the process and bought the shots before they said it was ok.

However DHEC explained to them there is a strict regiment that must be followed in the timing of the shots, and I didn't have the luxury of waiting.

So. After all of this they are now covering my part B shots and are now looking to revamp their policy in that they see how costly their way was to them. Many will get upset they will now go to a Dr that use the same carrier as my self rather than go to the ER, but to me it is stupid for me to go to the ER to get a shot. It clogs the system and wastes money, and exposes me to God knows what funk.

Once the process was explained to the supervisor at the insurance co they had a epiphany.

They are also looking to cover 90% of the part A as DHEC explained to them this was life or death and I had no other option. There is no other known treatment.

So Wackum you may want to look into this I'll be glad to help you recoup some of your money as I figured out the correct language to use and who to poke and prod. 20k plus for a stupid series of shots is totally unacceptable.

DHEC is also looking to try and carry the shots again. Even though Banded Mallard doesn't see the crisis most folks in health care quickly realize the severity of this disease and why it was fought so hard to the point it is almost non existent in our country today.