Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summerducks with some squash and figs

Nice cutting board. Seriously.
    I like fruit sauces with my duck. How'd you make that'un?
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

No pinkies.

Carolina, the knife is a laguiole, new set, not any of their real expensive ones. I had two nicer sets, one was flat ruined.. Long story, but I've only got a few left of them.

FG, thanks I picked up a few from a guy who makes them around here, nice guy. I've got to talk to him again about building a couple handled ones the wife wants.

I didn't go really in depth with the "sauce". I pulled a jar of fig preserves, added some maple syrup, a little salt, a little squeeze of lemon, and simmered it for a few. It was all kind of last minute. I wish I had my herb garden going, still trying to settle things around here... I was thinking a little fresh rosemary and maybe a touch of thyme. The ducks were just olive oil, salt, and pepper, and some mashed garlic in a bag for probably an hour. I got the grill hotter than Haiti s.

You are no fun anymore.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    No pinkies.

Carolina, the knife is a laguiole, new set, not any of their real expensive ones. I had two nicer sets, one was flat ruined.. Long story, but I've only got a few left of them.

FG, thanks I picked up a few from a guy who makes them around here, nice guy. I've got to talk to him again about building a couple handled ones the wife wants.

I didn't go really in depth with the "sauce". I pulled a jar of fig preserves, added some maple syrup, a little salt, a little squeeze of lemon, and simmered it for a few. It was all kind of last minute. I wish I had my herb garden going, still trying to settle things around here... I was thinking a little fresh rosemary and maybe a touch of thyme. The ducks were just olive oil, salt, and pepper, and some mashed garlic in a bag for probably an hour. I got the grill hotter than Haiti s.
    Nice boards, looks like Paduak and the other is Walnut.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

It is Walnut. I think a bunch of people like the checked look, I'm good with solid.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-18-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Sunday high pinky dinner.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Nice

I like them fried every so often. I whole pick most of my ducks, but I've got a mess leftover from basically a youth day at our place. I was a good enough steward bringing eight of them over and teaching them how breast them... I'll eat a whole picked dove leg as well.

Pork at our house tonight

Very nice.

Only pig here was me this evening. Leftovers from lunch and I ate two breast fillets and 4 leg/thighs. Topped it all off with a slice of lemon meringue pie.