Thread: South Holston River, TN - Loss of Access

Default South Holston River, TN - Loss of Access

Along similar lines as the proposed Murrells Inlet bird sanctuary, it looks like some "new" neighbors and a county government are trying to shut down some river access on the South Holston River in TN. This is a private property rights issue.

I do not know Pursuit Farms or the owner, but I have fished this river and it is a very good one. Apparently the property owner offers riverside camping, parking, and river access for donations only. The county is now stating that the current zoning does not allow such activity and it must be rezoned for this to continue. If the county chooses to deny this request, then this river access will be gone. I have posted a couple of links below. If you are so inclined to read and sign this petition, please do so.

https://www.change.org/p/sullivan-co...-pursuit-farms

https://www.facebook.com/PursuitFarms/

translated: the county isnt getting their cut. So they will shut it down until they do.

As in all things Government, follow the money.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I've camped there only once but that place has a long history and it's a shame to see it go like this. Quite a group of good guys that have used that place for a very long time. Camping fee was just a few dollars you put in a box at the gate and the place is across from River's Way. Signed the petition the other day.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Signed, send it around to other forums as well. This BS needs to be squelched. I Swar to Gahd I am so ready to horsewhip some fuggers.
    Genesis 9;2

Signed

It's bc he accepts a fee. If he made it completely free the county could t do shit I bet. What zoning laws allow you to give or not give people access to your property?? Got to be the fee.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

They need another 313 to sign.

Signed,Good luck fellows. We lost river access to the Savannah River at Ebenezer Landing due to similar County issues after a sale to the county went bad. If they could not have it, then they imposed restrictions and the owner shut it down to public.