Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Deere 71 or 7000 Planter ?

I have a two row 7100 planter that I am wanting to sell. It is hydraulic operated, has fertilizer bin, and is in good shape. $3000

Quote Originally Posted by JLO33 View Post
    I have a two row 7100 planter that I am wanting to sell. It is hydraulic operated, has fertilizer bin, and is in good shape. $3000
    Let's see some pics

I will take some the next time that I am at the farm. It is in Orangeburg.

Bump as this is what I found in regards to the dry fertilizer through the insecticide hoppers. What say ya'll experts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Smilee; 02-28-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Smilee it is a neat idea how they fabbed up auger and all. My biggest concern would be placing the fertilizer ahead of the closing wheel and the fertilizer getting in the seed trench and burning the seedling, leading to a crappy stand. when the fertilizer is placed 2x2 in the factory setup the gauge wheel closes the trench where the fertilizer goes and ensures that it is not in the trench with the seed. Might be better to make a bracket (I have chain drag brackets on mine and those could place it outside the closing wheel) to kick the fertilizer off to the side behind the closing wheels.
    cut\'em

What about a plate that let it free fall behind the closing wheel in a 6-8" wide band? Would there need to be a divider to avoid the row and 2" to either side?

Yes band it to either side of the row behind the closers would be your best bet. Something like a plate stuck in the end of the tube with a V on top of it directing it to either side. The hot item in high yield corn planters right now is 2x2x2 or 2x2 fertilizer on both sides of the plant.
    cut\'em