Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alphaburly vs. Rutmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    You should be able to get at least 2 years out if a hunting boot.....now waders on the other hand, I go through 1 or 2 pair a year. No need to buy the real expensive ones. They leak just as quick as the cheap ones. I buy 2 pair each year for under $200 and just throw them away as soon as I detect the slightest leak.
    What in the world are you doing to go through 2 pair of waders a year, climbing razor wire fences?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    What in the world are you doing to go through 2 pair of waders a year, climbing razor wire fences?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Seriously. I hunt at least twenty times a year and my waders are six years old and holding up. I've walked miles through cypress knees and brush. Y'all must be busting them at the seams with your fat asses.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    You should be able to get at least 2 years out if a hunting boot.....now waders on the other hand, I go through 1 or 2 pair a year. No need to buy the real expensive ones. They leak just as quick as the cheap ones. I buy 2 pair each year for under $200 and just throw them away as soon as I detect the slightest leak.
    If they're a size 10 or 11, toss them my way and I'll repair them. The ones I don't use I'll find a good home for with another duck hunter or homeless guy.

I've got two pair of Alpha Burly Sports and one is only still good for walking the fogs in damp grass, but the other is still holding up after 6 yrs or so. Locktite Vinyl adhesive and the new Flex-Seal spray does wonders.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    If they're a size 10 or 11, toss them my way and I'll repair them. The ones I don't use I'll find a good home for with another duck hunter or homeless guy.

I've got two pair of Alpha Burly Sports and one is only still good for walking the fogs in damp grass, but the other is still holding up after 6 yrs or so. Locktite Vinyl adhesive and the new Flex-Seal spray does wonders.
    Unfortunately, the tears are in the pivot point at the ankle so a repair won't hold.

It's OK, I ordered the LaCrosse last night. Though the Rutmasters were comfortable.

congrats. you made buying a pair of rubber boots quite the experience.

now please send your old crap to woodie. he'll do anything to save a dollar. (and before you PM me, just take a joke. embrace your cheapskateness)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Bullshit. Mucks don't hold up for shit. I have tried two different models and two pair of each. That made for an expensive learning experience. Lacrosse hands down in the knee boot department
    My dad has a pair going on 12 years and the neoprene looks like fidos ass. But they don't leak. I have a pair going on 8 that ill have to replace. Guess what I wont do? Get on ScDucks and ask what pair of boots I should get, cause im getting mucks. I mean if you leave them on the back porch or in the truck bed throughout the summer and let them dry rot then of course they aren't going to hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Unfortunately, the tears are in the pivot point at the ankle so a repair won't hold.

It's OK, I ordered the LaCrosse last night. Though the Rutmasters were comfortable.
    No worries here, Salty, I was referring to Cottontop who claimed he tosses out waders as soon as they get a hole in them. I learned years ago how to make my gear last with some low cost, easy or inventive repair work.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

now please send your old crap to woodie. he'll do anything to save a dollar. (and before you PM me, just take a joke. embrace your cheapskateness)
    When one is relatively handy, and also trying to prep for retirement, one learns how to fix things. It sometimes takes a little more skill than most dentists have, though, so I'd be happy to assist you with instruction, 2th.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-16-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Bullshit. Mucks don't hold up for shit. I have tried two different models and two pair of each. That made for an expensive learning experience. Lacrosse hands down in the knee boot department
    That's been my experience. I had to convert to the snake version because of barb wire fences and sharp sticks but the Lacrosse boots typically last me 4 years of hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Y'all wearing them to church, taking out the garbage, grocery store and everything?
    I would wear them to church if the wife would give me so much shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    When one is relatively handy, and also trying to prep for retirement, one learns how to fix things. It sometimes takes a little more skill than most dentists have, though, so I'd be happy to assist you with instruction, 2th.
    Maybe he's a dental monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

No way, I'm cutting the tops off and making home-made Croc's out of them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Maybe he's a dental monitor.
    Now I need to dry out my keyboard. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    No way, I'm cutting the tops off and making home-made Croc's out of them.
    I'm about to do that with a 30 year old pair of Red Ball waders, but only because I'm tired of repairing the holes in them. Best damn pair of uninsulated waders I ever bought.
    ~ George Washington