Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alphaburly vs. Rutmaster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Alphaburly vs. Rutmaster

My Alphaburly's finally split/ripped after 8 seasons. I need new boots and don't like the Mucks. Heavy lean towards another pair of LaCrosse but like the looks and feel of the Irish Setter. I wear a pair of Irish Setters every day for work and they're about as comfortable a pair of boots as I've had. Just don't know how their rubber boots hold up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I can't get more than a year out of alpha burleys any more.

I had the rut master after a year it's like they stiffened up and I could not get them on my feet. They really had no give to begin with. I trashed them and bought a pair of the lacrosse alphabulry with the half zippper and I love them. I think it is the alpha burly it may not be. It's what ever rubber boot lacrosse makes in a half zip.

fucking idiots. I swear. all y'all talk about is clothing.

you got 8 years out of your last pair and question what to get this time?

they are like $150. I buy a new pair every year.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    fucking idiots. I swear. all y'all talk about is clothing.

Well, it ain't like I can pull a few teeth and fund my hunting season. I'm too busy scamming people on doors and shit to make real folding money.

Fuck it, I'll just buy both.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 02-14-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You should be able to get at least 2 years out if a hunting boot.....now waders on the other hand, I go through 1 or 2 pair a year. No need to buy the real expensive ones. They leak just as quick as the cheap ones. I buy 2 pair each year for under $200 and just throw them away as soon as I detect the slightest leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    You should be able to get at least 2 years out if a hunting boot.....now waders on the other hand, I go through 1 or 2 pair a year. No need to buy the real expensive ones. They leak just as quick as the cheap ones. I buy 2 pair each year for under $200 and just throw them away as soon as I detect the slightest leak.
    What in the world are you doing to go through 2 pair of waders a year, climbing razor wire fences?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    What in the world are you doing to go through 2 pair of waders a year, climbing razor wire fences?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Seriously. I hunt at least twenty times a year and my waders are six years old and holding up. I've walked miles through cypress knees and brush. Y'all must be busting them at the seams with your fat asses.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    If they're a size 10 or 11, toss them my way and I'll repair them. The ones I don't use I'll find a good home for with another duck hunter or homeless guy.

I've got two pair of Alpha Burly Sports and one is only still good for walking the fogs in damp grass, but the other is still holding up after 6 yrs or so. Locktite Vinyl adhesive and the new Flex-Seal spray does wonders.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    If they're a size 10 or 11, toss them my way and I'll repair them. The ones I don't use I'll find a good home for with another duck hunter or homeless guy.

I've got two pair of Alpha Burly Sports and one is only still good for walking the fogs in damp grass, but the other is still holding up after 6 yrs or so. Locktite Vinyl adhesive and the new Flex-Seal spray does wonders.
    Unfortunately, the tears are in the pivot point at the ankle so a repair won't hold.

It's OK, I ordered the LaCrosse last night. Though the Rutmasters were comfortable.

I swear. all y'all talk about is clothing.

Read this and comprehend. It's freaking rubber boots. Go buy a pair and wear them until they leak. If you don't like them, don't buy them again.

that's the spirit!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mark calendar, on or around the 14th.

Just get some mucks and be done with it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Just get some mucks and be done with it
    What part of I don't like Mucks confused you?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    lol,

just curious, what don't you like about them?
    I haven't met many people that didn't like them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post

Nothing, but if you want a boot that will hold up then there you go
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Nothing, but if you want a boot that will hold up then there you go
    Bullshit. Mucks don't hold up for shit. I have tried two different models and two pair of each. That made for an expensive learning experience. Lacrosse hands down in the knee boot department
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Bullshit. Mucks don't hold up for shit. I have tried two different models and two pair of each. That made for an expensive learning experience. Lacrosse hands down in the knee boot department
    My dad has a pair going on 12 years and the neoprene looks like fidos ass. But they don't leak. I have a pair going on 8 that ill have to replace. Guess what I wont do? Get on ScDucks and ask what pair of boots I should get, cause im getting mucks. I mean if you leave them on the back porch or in the truck bed throughout the summer and let them dry rot then of course they aren't going to hold up.