Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush hookin on wateree question

We try to GPS mark all of our lines now to make sure we dont leave any behind.

we try not to get too drunk. that seems to help.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    we try not to get too drunk. that seems to help.
    Pffttttt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Don't worry about all these do gooders. Just put your hooks out now and reserve your spot until July.

And make sure to put your name, date, and address on the hooks.

How many years your buddy finance the new boat for?

Anyone buying a new boat be ready to do one of those Fred Sanford chestgrab/heartattack moves when you get your first tax bill.

Grass shrimp, tail hook them.

And like the rest, make sure you get those lines out. It's beyond tacky leaving them in. They're just soooo damn distasteful seeing them. The water will fluctuate on the upper chunk, and I've seen enough shit hanging on lines.

My neighbors golden got hung up in a bush line making a retrieve on river X, I have never heard such an awful sound come from a dog in my life.
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 02-13-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Don't worry about all these do gooders. Just put your hooks out now and reserve your spot until July.

And make sure to put your name, date, and address on the hooks.

How many years your buddy finance the new boat for?
    I have no idea how many years he financed it for I was walking around the boat show while he was talkin money with the salesman. I will ask him though...
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

When I put them out , I use chicken and all I catch is gators.

chikin livers in panty hose!!!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

You are talking about the river aren't you?

I'm going to throw this thread off a little bit, but for you guys running bush hooks, is there a company that makes clamps for this application? Or any that just work. I found one hanging on the Pee Dee a while back I assumed someone was using for bush hooks but had no line, tags etc. Basically a small metal spring, that that when squeezed together the arms open, let go and the arms lock on the branch. Have been trying to find anything remotely close but have had no luck.
    Last edited by SCmudder7071; 02-13-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    I'm going to throw this thread off a little bit, but for you guys running bush hooks, is there a company that makes clamps for this application? Or any that just work. I found one hanging on the Pee Dee a while back I assumed someone was using for bush hooks but had no line, tags etc. Basically a small metal spring, that that when squeezed together the arms open, let go and the arms lock on the branch. Have been trying to find anything remotely close but have had no luck.
    they make a thing like that that's used to hook your bow line to a tree. Kinda like a big long line clip. Is that what you are talking about?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Would the twine length still be adjustable?

It's similar phoneman but it's doesn't have the teeth, if I'm thinking about what you are. I'll snap a pic when I get home. And I honestly didn't even think about being adjustable. Might be wishful thinking on my part. Just looking to make it a little easier.

Two words....

White

Perch
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

cut eel
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

This is what I was talking about phone

This is what I was talking about phone

Go buy them clamp on lights at harbor freight, take clamp off and that's what you got

Thanks Tim! I was drawing a blank to what they would be on. Was hoping I could find them individually for just a few bucks or so. Hate to drop $10 in each one.