Thread: SCDNR Boat Registration

Default SCDNR Boat Registration

So, I have sent registration information to SCDNR many times in the past, and have always had to wait 8-10 weeks to get the registration and titles back.

What is the policy for rolling up in there with everything and trying to get it done in 1 day? Are they gonna look at me like I'm crazy as hell, or will they do it and I can be done with the BS. I need to grab a title and registration faster than 10 weeks on a deal or two I'm trying to make.

I'm pretty sure that if you have your stuff together you'll walk out with title in hand. I don't ever remember waiting for a title...much less 10 weeks. Of course I've never done anything by mail either. I always go in person.

Going to the office is by far the best way. They print it all for you right then if everything is in order. If its not they tell you what you need to make it right.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

What they said ^

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You can get the title back immediately for sure. I can't remember if they give you the registration then or not.

In and out with everything. No line or just a few people in there, your out in less than 30 min. With titles, registration cards and stickers.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 02-13-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

But you got to have everything, so there is a chance they could still turn you away to gather that info. So don't assume you'll leave with titles/registration. Be prepared mentally just in case there's something foul somewhere.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Example: I bought a motor from GA which is a non-titling state. I had the bill of sale, so I thought I was good. They had to have a paper copy of the picture of the serial number on the motor clamps. I asked "can I simply email it to you from my smartphone, and you click print and we're done". She replied "no you have to go print one somewhere else." Ok.....

So I left and went to a friend's office right in downtown Columbia then came right back. I left with the motor title in less than 10 minutes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh yeah...don't forget the back taxes thread. I've personally been through that but since I purchased the boat from a friend, he paid...well his wife paid b/c she thought that was pretty crappy on him.
    Last edited by reeltight; 02-14-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Ok perfect. I will plan to do this. I have a boat and three motors out of Florida that I need to get titles and registration. I have everything you could think of, including HIN and motor serial number pics.

For once, this thread makes me happy for now. appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Ok perfect. I will plan to do this. I have a boat and three motors out of Florida that I need to get titles and registration. I have everything you could think of, including HIN and motor serial number pics.

For once, this thread makes me happy for now. appreciate it
    Don't forget to print those pics before you go. They'll send you right out the door without paper copies.

May the force be with you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will need the force

They'll tell you KRT has an unpaid lien on the boat. You'll tell them you know KRT and you'll call him. He'll raise hell and tell them he gets the same call every time someone buys a boat and he ain't got no lien. KRT will call his bank and they send him a paper saying he ain't got no lien and he'll send it to DNR. DNR will say, hey KRT ain't got no lien on the boat. Then DNR will hand you your title. It's all really pretty easy. If you go down there.