Thread: Yamaha Tilt/trim

Default Yamaha Tilt/trim

Are the rod ends supposed to remain greased? One of mine is making a rubbing/grinding noise when the motor rests on it and continue to lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seal at the base of the rod keeps the trim fluid in and water out. So the parts are essentially lubed internally via the trim fluid and there is no need for external lubricant. You got another issue somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It's where the motor sits on the rods when I tilt down. If I were to continue down from where it is now as soon as the motor touches the rod, it starts to rub. I can see it rubbing. Seems to be too much friction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a little grease on the end of the rods.

Gotcha. Do what Red said. It's normal maintenance to pump a little grease into all the grease fittings on the motor and dab a little on the pad where those rods meet the motor. If the pad is missing should be easy to replace.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-13-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft