Thread: DirecTV now

Default DirecTV now

Anyone have an experience with it?

I was looking into Sling TV and see that ATT/drirect tv have an online offering now.

And currently there is a promo for $35 for all the channels. They say that value will stay the same after the promo (not a trial).

My problem with sling is to get Disney and ESPN it looks like I'm up to the $40 package for both of their packages.

You'll go back to direcTV . If you get sling. I did cause it's always retrieving data and the formatting sucks.

Between sling and all the other services you will want to watch other stuff you can get direct or dish for close to the same price for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Anyone have an experience with it?

I was looking into Sling TV and see that ATT/drirect tv have an online offering now.

And currently there is a promo for $35 for all the channels. They say that value will stay the same after the promo (not a trial).

My problem with sling is to get Disney and ESPN it looks like I'm up to the $40 package for both of their packages.
    Where did you see the part about all channels for $35?

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Where did you see the part about all channels for $35?
    It's 35 for all channels online only. Which they call att now

I see it now on the AT&T site, it wouldn't do me any good because our AT&T internet sucks ass and they are about the only provider in our area.

I have it, and got it for the promo price last go round, which previously ended on Jan 9.

I like it, considerably more than Sling which I had before getting DirecTv Now.

The guide is very much like your old DTV guide but transparent to see the show still in progress in the background not a small window.

The only negative I'll give it is if you're a "channel surfer". The switch from channel to channel isn't instant, it takes a few seconds (maybe 3-5seconds) to buffer the channel in. So if you like to flick between channels, it's not ideal.

Sounds like the promo period might be over. I read about the comparisons and thought it was still going on. I have direct tv. And my bill is no where near $35. I think it's right at $95. Between 4 TV's, HD, and DVR the equipment fees really add up

If you're already a Direct customer, call to cancel and play the "give me the $35 offer, or I'll drop everything" card. Might work.

FYI the total including taxes, etc. is $37.xx/mo
    Last edited by SCFoxman; 02-13-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCFoxman View Post
    If you're already a Direct customer, call to cancel and play the "give me the $35 offer, or I'll drop everything" card. Might work.

FYI the total including taxes, etc. is $37.xx/mo
    Thanks. I was thinking the same. Regardless it's time to call and see what we can do.

What about DVR or on demand programming? Other than sports we don't watch much love tv. Most is recorded shows.

I did some more reading and they were saying that PlayStation Vue had the edge on the DVR. But it wasn't clear how it worked on DirecTV now

No matter what, your directv bill will climb back to $100+.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    No matter what, your directv bill will climb back to $100+.
    And every time it does, they will lower it with the latest loyalty discount. I'm currently paying $53/month for dtv xtra with whole home dvr on three tvs.

If nothing else, you can try it out for a month and get a free Fire Stick right now, basically for the same price of the Stick. Beyond that, there's a deal site called topcashback.com where they will give you $32 for trying out DirectTV Now. Whether it's legit or not remains to be seen but definitely worth a try if you plan on getting a Fire Stick any way, nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    If nothing else, you can try it out for a month and get a free Fire Stick right now, basically for the same price of the Stick. Beyond that, there's a deal site called topcashback.com where they will give you $32 for trying out DirectTV Now. Whether it's legit or not remains to be seen but definitely worth a try if you plan on getting a Fire Stick any way, nothing to lose.
    Interesting. I just setup another firestick and was about to look at them again. Btw the new Kodi app is nice