Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning Buckmark Red Dot

This is what inspired me. Looks like fun. Not sure if I wanna buy a whole new pistol, or just my custom 22/45 tapped for a mount and just run it that way. Surely, the tap will be the most economical route; however...I'm really liking the redesign on the MK IV. The polymer frame, the slotted upper, and the easy take down make it seem to be a really nice shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    This is what inspired me. Looks like fun. Not sure if I wanna buy a whole new pistol, or just my custom 22/45 tapped for a mount and just run it that way. Surely, the tap will be the most economical route; however...I'm really liking the redesign on the MK IV. The polymer frame, the slotted upper, and the easy take down make it seem to be a really nice shooter.

Hmm... guess you just can't hide $$$, eh?

That does look like a nice pistol to check out. I'm partial to the Buckmark, although I wouldn't mind a lighter weight one. If I hadn't run across this deal with BSD and his URX Target model, I most likely would have gone with the new Lite aluminum barreled one.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    20 yards....hopefully gonna put it on a bench and see what kind of groups I can get out to 50

And them bushy tailed scoundrels live in my house every morning running up and down on a metal roof is really annoying.....already have them so gun shy any window or door that gets cracked they scratch off....all in different directions
    The scoundrels here are pretty jumpy when they hear/see me walk out too, even though I leave them alone in the off-season unless they're doing some damage somewhere. Unfortunately, the damage isn't usually hard to find if I let the population get too high. I just wish more of my neighbors ate squirrel so that when I picked a few off I'd have more people to call to give them to.

Let us know how well you do off the bench.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-17-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I picked up one of these from PSA in Greenville last week with immediate plans on a red dot and future for the can. Mainly got it so my son can enjoy shooting a pistol and he really likes the feel of it. so much lighter than the MK II Target that I have. I will change the grips soon though.

Good to hear! I really am torn, but we'll see. My play-funds are low for a while. 3 in 1 week has put a damper on things.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

I can't stress how good the C-More is. They evidently have horrible marketing because most people pass them by. If you go to a match, C-More typically owns the market. They are light, have a huge field of view and for about 40 bucks, you can change the dot module based on your shooting style.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    I can't stress how good the C-More is. They evidently have horrible marketing because most people pass them by. If you go to a match, C-More typically owns the market. They are light, have a huge field of view and for about 40 bucks, you can change the dot module based on your shooting style.
    That's good to hear you can change the dot module. That 8 mm dot is turning me off to them.

I will say that Skip Gilmer, former partner in the Skip-J Range in Anderson, once told me he had tested all sorts of red dot optics and felt the C-More was the best bang for the buck.
    ~ George Washington

Well, I just took advantage of a $20 coupon with Cabelas to bite the bullet on the Venom 3mm dot sight to go on my Buckmark. Some squirrels are going to hit the grill next season, for sure!

I was going to get the Burris FF III, but after reading a lot of the reviews I was negatively surprised at the number of problems people had complained about, even though they liked the sight overall.

We'll see and let you know when I get the two items set up together and tested.
    ~ George Washington

FYI if someone else is looking.

http://www.cmore.com/diode.html

Same platform 2 - 16 MOA
    Last edited by crackshot; 02-24-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Woodie -- glad to hear! I'm looking forward to your impressions on it.

I decided I'm putting one of those on top of my custom job.

I ordered the base tonight; next'll be the Venom. Gonna be a few weeks, though.

Woodie -- glad to hear! I'm looking forward to your impressions on it.

I decided I'm putting one of those on top of my custom job.

I ordered the base tonight; next'll be the Venom. Gonna be a few weeks, though.

That is a fine looking suppressed pistol.
    ~ George Washington