Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN in trouble ????

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Macy's (M) was trading at $67.44 when they announced they were dropping the Trump merchandise line. Macy's (M) closed today at $31.20. Unless I'm calculating their market cap wrong or missed a split, they lost $11B ($11,000,000,000) since dis'ing Trump.

Liberals are stupid...
    Where do you get this information? According to what I see, Macys has not been over 44.87 since March 11, 2016, and have been in the thirties since mid December or earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Those two are the worst

I agree completely. Dumbest shit they could have ever done was put those two on the air during that time. Hell, they even take up mid day with "First Take". Nothing like watching Max and Steven A bitch about shit that doesn't even matter, you have to tune into ESPN2 to get any real sports news during that time. Hell they had some old guy on there yesterday that is some soap opera star of 30 some odd years....Who gives a damn.

Tv has gotten to the point that if you're a straight conservative blue collar white male there really isn't shit that will pertain to you.

Clay Travis is the realest mofo in sports media right now. Everybody else is a distant second.

Fuck ESPN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Clay Travis is the realest mofo in sports media right now. Everybody else is a distant second.

Fuck ESPN
    You hit the nail on the head. Clay tell's it like it is in HIS words.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The "Mothership" is slowly losing altitude. I will say SVP is in a class that is shared by maybe a handful left in the business. Sports radio is the way to go, you have local and national coverage and with streaming you can follow any team or sport you want. I prefer sports talk and analysis, not two arm chair QB's bitching at each other about their fantasy league. When I want to hear some one bitch I tune into Jim Rome.

When I was growing up I watched Sportscenter constantly. It was a highlights show and you got stats to everything. It has morphed into something else. Don't ever tune in now. SVP has a good show but I am rarely up at midnight.

Mike and Mike is hot garbage. I enjoy the College Sports channel on Sat radio in the mornings.

They have WAAAAAAY too much dead air to fill. Since they are owned by disney, there is little doubt as to what kind of bullshit they use to fill the dead air.

I watch ESPN at 3 times. 12 oclock kickoff, 3:30 kickoff and 8pm kickoff.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Posted this back on January 3

[QUOTE
    ESPN more than covers that financial gap
    Not directly related, but I read this article yesterday. http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016...bscriber-loss/

I know that the article addresses more of the NFL decline, but I wonder if the college football ratings are seeing a similar decline? CEO Iger stopped the stock's downward slide by making a statement on Disney's future and specifically on a rebound for ESPN, but part of me wonders if the statement was not to make ESPN more attractive to a potential buyer. ][/QUOTE]
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

y'all need to quit watching so much TV. It causes you to eat more than you should. (look down). Go grab yer bow and shoot something....Ask one n Glen what shooting yer bow does for ya...

Now that a new season of 24 is on, I will watch that. and some marquee BB matchups...other than that, aint got time for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Yea, I know. They were in the midst of a 5 year run of good returns that ended abruptly right when they made a very public point about dropping Trump. Look at the graph and tell me when they dropped Trump…

July 2015 was the peak of that and was down to mid 30s by by the end of 2015... You had me excited about a buying opportunity, but your information doesn't seem correct...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    July 2015 was the peak of that and was down to mid 30s by by the end of 2015... You had me excited about a buying opportunity, but your information doesn't seem correct...
    'Not my information. July 2015 (July 1st, I believe) was when the Macy's CEO made a very public statement about dropping the Trump merchandise line.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i dont know much, but I have some anecdotal evidence.

I dont watch much TV but I tend to watch sportscenter out of sheer boredom at 6pm. As of this week, they have changed their format and have "michael and jamele" (sp?) on at 6pm now. Its a lot of music I dont like...a lot of people talking...and no real highlights of yesterdays sports action. I am certainly NOT their target audience any more.
    Racist bastard! I hate them too.

Just cover sports. It ain't that hard. And we dont care what your biased loser hosts think about everything else going on in the world
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

ESPN jumped the shark when they tried that Cold Pizza show.

I mean are you surprised? They're responsible for Keith Olberman for cryin' out loud.

That guy web streaming from his mom's basement now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney Mac View Post
    Hell they had some old guy on there yesterday that is some soap opera star of 30 some odd years....Who gives a damn.
    Please don't tell me Stefanio Demeria came back to life AGAIN!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

In fact.....he just did

They found him in Italy. But, Hope was hauled out of jail unconscious by Hattie's bang buddy before they found him and now she's being searched for as an escaped felon.

She JUST got out of jail. Gracious.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Most people turned to sports to get away from social and political issues. Now ESPN spends hours talking about tweets.
    Boom!

Finally B2 says something I agree with. And I'll add that the ESPN talking heads are about as liberal as the average Berkeley professor.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

See old geezers can learn. Congrats.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Default ESPN in trouble ????

They gonna bring Stefano back and smooth all that murder/escaped convict stuff over shortly.
    Last edited by Tater; 02-09-2017 at 07:43 PM.