Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey Decoys

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    Yep. One had me so angry one time I built a blind under his roost tree and waited him out. Just before dark he showed up, at 8 yards he was just about headless. I'll never forget the look he had when he noticed he had fucked up. That was 22 years ago.
    I like that story

I very seldom use a decoy because I hunt a lot of river bottoms and if you can see him, he is in range for the most part. If I am hunting field turkeys and I choose to use a decoy I use DSD decoys. Best decoys on the market by far.

I use a hen decoy a good bit because I mainly hunt field birds. However one of my most productive spots over the last few years was a head of pines so thick that you can't see further than 15 yards. In that situation a decoy is useless and every bird I killed was at 2 or 3 yards from the end of the gun barrel.

Where does the " scoot and shoot" fall in all this mess....

Sent from my iPhone 8.5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Nowhere for me. To much risk of getting shot in most of the areas I hunt.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I have a love/hate relationship with dekes. A foamy jake that spins slightly in the wind has put many in Turkey heaven, but damn if it hasn't frozen a bunch that were acting right until they saw it. My 2 cents, hunting pressure and how hot they are depends on whether I deploy the "Justin beiber" foamy jake. He has been shot to hell and has a bent head. But every once in a while they bum rush beiber and avoid the realistic dekes. Food for thought.