Thread: Last Minute Arkansas Run

Default Last Minute Arkansas Run

Decided to run my boys and a couple more back out to Arkansas on the last youth day. Timber hole didn't pan out like we wanted but brought out a few ducks and had a beautiful morning sunrise. One highlight was one young fella I hauled down there said he saw God that morning while looking through that hardwood flat during the sunrise! The afternoon hunt was full of laughter and smiles as well. All in all it was a very fun road trip with my boys once again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a sacrifice toting them all that way for a youth hunt but it'll pay dividends beyond measure when they're older. Fact!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Ruddy Duck smashing!

Hell yes.

Good deal Kyle, I guess you've got about a baseball team there.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-06-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Damned fine.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Very nice Sir!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Heck of a sacrifice toting them all that way for a youth hunt but it'll pay dividends beyond measure when they're older. Fact!
    Yes it was a big sacrifice but the reason was two fold. A lot going on around the house and we needed to just not be there this weekend anyway. The boys mom was going to be getting some of her things out of the house and I figured Arkansas was the best place for the rest of us to be. It gets better too, my truck decided to loose the #1 cylinder and some lifters the day after I got there. It helped me realize some things though. #1 is, God places people in our lives for reasons! One of the guys I met down there years ago is the service manager for the local Chevy Dealer, he helped me out tremendously! I drove his truck back home and I'm now trying to workout a way to haul his back and haul mine home. #2 is that if you know KRT you better take your GM to him to delete the Active Fuel management thingy. That's where this come from according to my GM friend! #3 is some things are just gonna cost you, I have a free pass to go there anytime to hunt. License and gas are all I ever pay for. They feed me and house me every time but I do not let them get away without giving back. If a man gets that kind of treatment, he best show some gratitude and not take advantage of the situation. Over all I do not regret going because many more memories were made once again!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Good deal Kyle, I guess you've got about a baseball team there.
    Thx Ralph! Yes I do have a pretty decent squad going on there!

Class!!! Im sure these boys see you acting like a man should ! Yall are in my prayers !!! God bless you, the boys and mom !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Yes it was a big sacrifice but the reason was two fold. A lot going on around the house and we needed to just not be there this weekend anyway. The boys mom was going to be getting some of her things out of the house and I figured Arkansas was the best place for the rest of us to be.
    Things happen for a reason for sure and the good Lord definitely puts folks in front of us for a reason. Good stuff brother!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Good for you.

Looks like yall stacked em good, nice work on getting them in the action.

Hats off to ya brother.
    Genesis 9;2

You are the man! Like the guys before me said, you are making a difference in those boy's lives that will last a lifetime. An amazing gift that you are giving...nothing finer.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Yes it was a big sacrifice but the reason was two fold. A lot going on around the house and we needed to just not be there this weekend anyway. The boys mom was going to be getting some of her things out of the house and I figured Arkansas was the best place for the rest of us to be. It gets better too, my truck decided to loose the #1 cylinder and some lifters the day after I got there. It helped me realize some things though. #1 is, God places people in our lives for reasons! One of the guys I met down there years ago is the service manager for the local Chevy Dealer, he helped me out tremendously! I drove his truck back home and I'm now trying to workout a way to haul his back and haul mine home. #2 is that if you know KRT you better take your GM to him to delete the Active Fuel management thingy. That's where this come from according to my GM friend! #3 is some things are just gonna cost you, I have a free pass to go there anytime to hunt. License and gas are all I ever pay for. They feed me and house me every time but I do not let them get away without giving back. If a man gets that kind of treatment, he best show some gratitude and not take advantage of the situation. Over all I do not regret going because many more memories were made once again!
    Good stuff! Most folks don't hardly learn the first lesson these days. That is one heck of a trip, and your boy will be better for it!

That's great stuff! I can't remember ever taking a trip out there I regretted even if the hunting was sub par

Quote Originally Posted by Furman View Post
    That's great stuff! I can't remember ever taking a trip out there I regretted even if the hunting was sub par
    That's the way it should be looked at. Enjoy it for what it is, because somewhere,someone would love to have our bad day.