Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good turkey weather?

If it is raining or even looks like it might rain stay in bed. Don't waste your time going.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

I can see where some might think it silly. It works well for me, the reason I still use it.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

All in good fun. It's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    I can see where some might think it silly. It works well for me, the reason I still use it.
    I do something similar. Mine is all documented at the end of the season on my computer. One file for each season.

All gobbled out, bo.

Most of you would be better served to acquire a white bucket and a cricket cage and leave the chasing of gobbled out turkeys to us ambushers.

Uh hem, I believe the proper term is "limb whoopin".

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Symantecs

A limb whoopin is a form of an ambush, but an ambush is not necessarily a limb whoopin. Ambushes come in many forms.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

That's some mad philosophizin' right there.

Glenn says stick with whats you knows, pattern and practice like you is huntin.

What goes up, must come down. My personal opinion on good turkey weather is when you can see the turkey. That's good turkey weather.

They have been gobbling and strutting for 2 weeks now. What hens haven't already been bred will most certainly either be burned alive or eaten by yotes.
    Genesis 9;2

I have no issues with the weather- they come to my corn feeder like clockwork- wet, dry, hot or cold and the 22 with a silencer lets me get doubles easily, no shot in the meat either, head shots only. I tag out real quick so I can start fishing
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 02-07-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Sounds like a Moultrie feeder slogan bo.