Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Once you go Benelli......

Default Once you go Benelli......

Can you ever go back?

My Benelli was stolen last weekend... I'm in the market for a new dove/duck/turkey gun. I'm thinking of getting something different. Looking at the 11-87.

Will I be unhappy with anything but a Benelli? Man I loved that gun.

buy the SBE 3
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

You can definitely go to something else but an 1187 isn't it. Beretta or franchi maybe but it's hard to beat the slim feel of a benelli. At least as far as 12s are concerned
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

A400 and never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    A400 and never look back.

I'd say a V3 over a 1187 if it is a duck gun.

Sx3 is what I switched to from the 11-87. 3 years now and no issues. It has the slim feel of a SBE but a few hundred dollars cheaper. I feel sure some other will chime in for the sx3 as well.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

I had an old SBE1 that an old boss bought me, going away present. I'd shoot it a decent amount, I bounced around between a few guns hunting then. It was stolen along with another gun years ago, some DU gun of the year (pretty as gun, shot the shit out of it). I called Barrons, they tracked back the old numbers, and I turned them in with the rest of the paperwork. I miss the gun as it was a gift, it meant something. As of the shooting goes, not so much. It was like a clean break with Benelli, like a band aid, right off.

A400

Ive shot remingtons my entire life. 870s, 11-87s, and a few 1100s. I got an sbeii in december. I like the benelli much better.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    A400
    Yep.

Beretta A400 or a 391 if you can find one.

I love my 1187 and don't care what anyone says. I wouldn't trade it for a benelli except to sell the benelli and buy some more 1187s.

That being said, I grew up with a 20ga 1100 and have an 870. Remington shotguns just fit my eye and shoulder, so it's all about what fits you best and you are most comfortable with. I have no need for a $1500 shotgun bc my $400 1187 is perfect for me, but that's just me. I also drive a 12 year old truck, a 23 year old boat and where waxed cotton jackets duck hunting, so I'm a little stuck in my ways.

My point is, if you loved your benelli, then you might want to get another one, but there's nothing wrong with an 1187.

I was in the market for a new semi auto shotgun a few months ago. After many trips to the gun store and handling quite a few shotguns I narrowed it down to the SBEII, A5 and A400. They were all priced within a few dollars of each other.All of these guns had something that I liked about them but I settled on the SBEII for a few reasons-
    overall weight and heft felt best
    the actual mechanics of the gun when racking the bolt was slickest of the three
    trigger almost felt like a rifle trigger, very crisp with little take up
    since it's not gas operated the fore arm is much slimmer than other shotguns and it felt real nice in the hand

If the 1500-1600 price tag for the SBE is more than you want to spend you should take a look at the Benelli Monte Feltro. You can find them brand new for around $1000

Sx3
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

A400 baby

Speed kills an none mentioned can shuck shells as fast as a A400. Closest comp would be a SX3, but it is clunky to me.

SBE2 is a good gun no doubt, and as much hell as I give a A400 I have to give it some cred it will work until you flip the safety into a left hand configuration.

But a A400 is a beast.

In the right hands.......
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 02-01-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Ive shot Remingtons for years but the 1187 I bought has had various issue with things breaking since day one. I gave it to my nephew this year when it broke again.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Default Once you go Benelli......

I sold my SBE2 and replaced it with a new A5. Didn't fit me well-15" LOP.

Beretta 391 Extrema 2 for turkeys, and the newer Browning A5 for dove and ducks. Picked up a new Maxus in August because it was such a good deal. Haven't really shot it much but growing up shooting a gold hunter, expect it to perform very well.
    Last edited by dfasano; 02-01-2017 at 10:26 AM.

I got a beretta a300 outlander this year and love it so far. For money I dont think it can be beat

Benelli.

Always felt like I was holding a fat girl with Beretta auto's.