Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Land Transfer Bill

Default Public Land Transfer Bill

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/621/text

Trump the circus clown is creating a very convenient distraction and the dark money is putting their pawns in motion. If you are against this, it's time to take action.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Here we go. Reckon he knows any of the buyers?

Sparkleberry here we come...

We gonna high fence it?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sparkleberry here we come...
    Ha ha! Guess that makes me Nab's alias.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

For those in Jeff Duncan's district trust me when I tell you he's all for this. And trust me when I tell you he's long past being tired of hearing from me about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New I could count on ya Tater.

Rubberhead

Duncan got an email today from me about it.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    New I could count on ya Tater.
    Knew.

Citadel grads. I swear.

No politician who votes for this will ever get another one of my votes.

Government's role is to protect the security and well being of its citizens and the protection of shared resources that private citizens have no motivation/ability to do on their own for the greater good.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 01-27-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Yeah and **** Tater out of respect for our boy Stripa.

However, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    For those in Jeff Duncan's district trust me when I tell you he's all for this. And trust me when I tell you he's long past being tired of hearing from me about it.
    What are his reasons for supporting this? Sounds like I need to introduce myself to him.

So in this thread I see a bunch of fair tax/limited federal government guys that think the Feds should own 50+% of the West. No the government doesn't need to own dirt outside of federal buildings, military bases and maybe a national park here and there but the BLM/FS holdings of the West are ridiculous. Especially not so you can go chase an animal every once in a while.
    cut\'em

Apparently you haven't spent time in these said parks flyfishing, backpacking, camping, viewing wilflife...etc. once the government sells these that is it. They will never get back in public hands for all to enjoy and hard enough the future potential to be developed. Sure they don't plan on selling all the public owned wilderness, but each one has a unique ecosystem to be enjoyed. Keep America Wild
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I lived out West for 3 years, I know all about public lands. National Parks are fine but those make up a very small percentage of the land the the govt owns. While not outlined in that link one would suspect that they are talking of selling BLM and FS holdings that have value to others. I know plenty of ranchers that would love to buy the BLM holdings that they totally surround just to help stop the trespassing. The Feds should have never acquired most of that land.
    cut\'em

SD, tell us more about the feds acquiring this land.

Rubberhead

I suppose since it wasn't homesteaded it was never acquired by anyone else. But remember things are much different now than they were in the mid to late 1800s. The real problem is once that land makes it in the federal coffers it can never come out. No where in the constitution does it say anything about the federal government owning massive amounts of land in the West
    cut\'em

Or you could look at it from the perspective that the American people or tax payers all own the land. I understand what your saying but that's what makes the United States the best place on the planet for a outdoorsman.

I am good with the sell of public land if comes in the form of a direct refund to all federal taxpayers after Congress passes a balance budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Also, any conservation group that has made improvements to land or restocking efforts should be refunded.

A real libertarian could seriously argue the North American Conservation Model is not Constitutional. Wild game and fish should be privately owned using the ultra libertarian view of selling public land. No more limits and season on game, if a mallards lands on your pond in July full of corn, kill it, or hunt deer at night in May. No more complaining about tamie and canned hunts. If government needs to be limited it needs to be limited and stay out of wildlife and land ownership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 01-28-2017 at 10:20 AM.