Thread: 07 Yukon/Tahoe

Default 07 Yukon/Tahoe

Anybody had problems with the stabiltrack system? Wife's car is having a issue and wanting to know , how to disable or fix.

What's it doing Tim? My wife's 08 Suburban had an issue where the "Engine Power Reduced" light flashed on and it lost ~75% of its power. From time to time, when it happened, the Stabilitrack would also flash off. After some researching, it was the "throttle control" or something, which turns out to be the gas petal, which is a 1 electronic piece. I ordered another and after 3 min of replacing, its never done it again.
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 01-25-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    What's it doing Tim? My wife's 08 Suburban had an issue where the "Engine Power Reduced" light flashed on and it lost ~75% of its power. From time to time, when it happened, the Stabilitrack would also flash off. After some researching, it was the "throttle control" or something, which turns out to be the gas petal, which is a 1 piece electronic. I ordered another and after 3 min of replacing, its never done it again.
    That's what's it doing. You don't know the exact name for part ?

My wife's 09 was having this issue and ended up being something with the throttle position sensor...I think it can be several different things that can cause it
    Last edited by winyah_82; 01-25-2017 at 08:02 AM.

When I had my '10 it would flash up service stabilitrak/ traction control. It would only do it when it was hot and when I turned my steering wheel. Someone told me it was a steering wheel position sensor or something along those lines.

Edit: Mine wasn't losing power.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 01-25-2017 at 09:14 AM.

throttle position sensor --> That's what its called. The guy at the Chevrolet dealership called it the Accelerator Position Sensor aka Gas petal. He wanted $400 to to replace it.

I ordered this and the problem disappeared:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's 3 or 4 screws that hold it on and a electrical connection. It takes longer to open the box than to replace the part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    When I had my '10 it would flash up service stabilitrak/ traction control. It would only do it when it was hot and when I turned my steering wheel. Someone told me it was a steering wheel position sensor or something along those lines.

Edit: Mine wasn't losing power.
    Very common. The throttle position will set a check engine light as well.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Put the accelerator position sensor aka gas petal on , helped it a lot . Now she is saying it surging at idle. Check codes and O2 sensor came up. Will a O2 sensor cause the surging? I think she wants a new car.

it's running lean and setting 02 sensor codes. You have a vacuum leak, probably intake gaskets.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    it's running lean and setting 02 sensor codes. You have a vacuum leak, probably intake gaskets.
    I got a snap-on solus scanner, found the TPS and (2) O2 sensors codes. Any items that need to be checked while I got this scanner to pinpoint issue.

Krt correct me if I am wrong but wont that display "reduced engine power stabilitrack off" or whatever come up for a number of different things?? I have an 07 tahoe and feel like I have seen it a few times. Once being when my fuel pump went out while the truck was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I got a snap-on solus scanner, found the TPS and (2) O2 sensors codes. Any items that need to be checked while I got this scanner to pinpoint issue.
    I've never put a pedal on one for TPS codes. It needs the the throttle body. What 02 code does it have? With that scanner you can get detailed codes. I'm betting lean. It could be lean, rich, heater circuit, switching time etc. most common is lean 02 codes which is a vacuum leak.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Krt correct me if I am wrong but wont that display "reduced engine power stabilitrack off" or whatever come up for a number of different things?? I have an 07 tahoe and feel like I have seen it a few times. Once being when my fuel pump went out while the truck was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct. There are over a 100 items that will set a ck engine light.
    More fuel = more boost!!