Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another thief story

Default Another thief story

Buddy went hunting on some wma land in newberry last weekend. Left his Muck boots in the bed of his pick up (Probably won't do that anymore). Theres one other white f150 pickup at the gate that's got 3 high school kids at it. They all walk in together and he said he was super nice to them and there was no problem. Anyway when he gets done hunting he gets back to his truck. Nobody else around. Sheds his waders and goes to grab his boots. They're not there. He goes home, suspecting that either the kids in the f150, or anybody else that could have pulled in there, snatched em and left.

Fast forward to today.

Me and him head back to that spot he hunted the previous weekend. 3 trucks there already, including the white f150. We're not in his truck though, we're in mine. Decide it's too crowded and hit another spot. We get done early and head back to check to see if his little buddies are still parked. Theyre still there. Just for giggles, he peaks in the bed of their truck just to see if a pair of camo woody max size 12 muck boots with a slight tear on the right boot, made by barbed wire 2 years ago, happen to have migrated into the bed of the dudes truck. You guessed it. There they are. My buddy hops back in the truck and tells me they're in there.

As fate would have it, while discussing whether to call the sheriff or just take back what was rightfully his, here come a pair of 16 year old barbarians out of the woods. My friend hops out the truck and goes and talks to them. I sit in the driver seat with the window rolled down and observe.

He asks if they had any luck or shot anything. Then says something funny has happened and that somehow his boots have gotten into the bed of said white f150.

Kid says the boots are his.

Buddy responds "I'm pretty sure they're mine, but once the sheriff gets here, we'll find out whose they are"

The children panic. "Well actually my other friend that's not hunting with us this morning found those here last weekend and left those in the back of my truck. But you can have em"

I then exit my truck upon hearing this, because the little shit just admitted hes at least an accomplice and I walk over.

My hunting buddy: "I can have em??? They're mine!"

Me: so you didn't think it was the least bit odd that a $150 pair of boots was just out here in the woods and you didnt ask your buddy where they came from or nothing???

Kid: nah man I thought he just found them. Y'all can take em

Dude mans little gingy friend who allegedly was not hunting with them the last weekend makes an attempt at moderation because he was clearly nervous. His words are worthless as far as I'm concerned, cause I just want the boots and dont want to hear no more lies. Says something along the lines of, it's hard enough hunting land without these sorts of problems, were real sorry, blah blah blah.

My buddy: well I'm not gonna lean in yalls truck and take anything so why don't yall hand me my boots right now.

Gingy accomplice, grabs a different pair of leather duck boots out the bed and goes to hand them over. I don't know who you stole those from but if we haven't already made it abundantly clear, we want the muck boots!

Other suspect grabs the mucks and hands em over and says these parting words " I dont even wear a size 12."

I about came unglued right there.

Gingy tries to shake my hand. I tell him I don't shake the hands of thieves and get back in my truck. My buddy makes a few last parting remarks and we drive off.

Moral of the story: don't leave your expensive stuff in the bed of the truck.
    And if any of y'all hunting the Midlands see about a 2007 white f150 with a tool box and the license tag: MFE 959 lock everything you got up or just leave, cause those worthless high school children will relieve you of your stuff.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Should have called the Sheriff. Make a report and charges.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Agreed. Teach them a lesson, don't eat them off so easy.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Somebody run that tag and post the thief's name.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

I ran the tag, came back Stolen

If Rocketman had been there, this story would have ended better...

This is a free pass in life to beat the fuckkg brakes off someone. What they gonna do call the cops and tell them they got assaulted because they stole something?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Unfortunately yes and the theives keep their gun rights while the felony assault suspect loses his, even before being convicted by a jury of his peers.

Tow separate trespassing incidents, simultaneously today.

One guy with his two year old and golf cart walking the edge of my duck pond, "just looking."

Three others shooting pistols at targets directly towards the golf cart .
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    This is a free pass in life to beat the fuckkg brakes off someone. What they gonna do call the cops and tell them they got assaulted because they stole something?
    **Like**

But at this point I would contact the local GW and share this story and info. I bet this isn't the only thing they have stolen and they'll do it again.

Good chance this might not be your last run in with them.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 01-21-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Not surprising.. I stand by my original post. Would have solved a bunch of issues if the Popo had been there. We have (unfortunately) had to hold folks at gun point to get to the truth.. It sucks, but is necessary these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    I ran the tag, came back Stolen
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Should have called the Sheriff. Make a report and charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Not surprising.. I stand by my original post. Would have solved a bunch of issues if the Popo had been there. We have (unfortunately) had to hold folks at gun point to get to the truth.. It sucks, but is necessary these days.
    I agree with getting LEO involved, but wouldn't it be better to have DNR involved in this particular one? That is, with it being on WMA land. They may have had reports of similar things happening at that same place. If I'm not mistaken, DNR has the right to search your vehicle without your consent when you are on WMA lands.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I agree with getting LEO involved, but wouldn't it be better to have DNR involved in this particular one? That is, with it being on WMA land. They may have had reports of similar things happening at that same place. If I'm not mistaken, DNR has the right to search your vehicle without your consent when you are on WMA lands.
    They'll even go in your cooler to see if you have any beers. Then on the way out of the wma check your cooler again too see how many are missing. Don't ask me how I know.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 01-21-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Warden asked me today, on a WMA, why my cooler was in my back seat. I told him I wasn't worried about the cooler, but these high school kids would think they hit the jackpot if they opened the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Gamewardens can search a vehicle any time and any where.

Constitutional rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    They'll even go in your cooler to see if you have any beers. Then on the way out of the wma check your cooler again too see how many are missing. Don't ask me how I know.
    They will also go through your cooler, rod boxes and dry storage to make sure you aren't hiding anything illegal. Then proceed to run over half your decoy spread.

My truck got broken into last week. A pair of Redwings and 6011 welding rods were on the seat.

Fuck a thief!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

And can totally destroy roads and foodplots with 4wheel drive and mud tires.

Glad you got them back, hopefully that was a turning point for them but doubtful.
    Genesis 9;2