Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West End

I don't know if this file will open, but this is a typical day fishing out of Sailfish Marina to the West End and back to Sailfish. I went with that guy probably 6 times and it always ended like this.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=552595&size=1

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I don't know if this file will open, but this is a typical day fishing out of Sailfish Marina to the West End and back to Sailfish. I went with that guy probably 6 times and it always ended like this.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=552595&size=1
    Which Sailfish? Jupiter or Stuart?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

The sailfish marina right beside Buccaneer, off Blue Heron Blvd. Singer Island.
    Last edited by Fish; 01-20-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    The sailfish marina right beside Buccaneer, off Blue Heron Blvd. Singer Island.
    Got it. We go out of Sailfish Marina (Finest Kind) in the Manatee Pocket in Stuart. My brother works there and we go with the guy that owns the Yamaha service center there.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

You need to run about a 20 degree differential crossing the stream to stay on course. I remember that much.

What's really cool about today's navigation equipment is they give you a course correction so you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

I'm interested in some details of where you guys are leaving from. I'm planning a trip for next year from Stuart to the abacos and the biggest thing I don't have figured out is the launching point. Leaning toward sandspirit park out of Stuart??

Good luck on your trip
    Last edited by lil 2 sleepy; 01-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Where in the Ab's?

Leaning toward GTC, but might be treasure depending on houses and dockage

You will have a blast.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If GTC holler...

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Leaning toward GTC, but might be treasure depending on houses and dockage
    When are you going?

Haven't set a date, but probably mid July or early august

Sounds about right if the weather ain't got names tacked on um.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    I'm interested in some details of where you guys are leaving from. I'm planning a trip for next year from Stuart to the abacos and the biggest thing I don't have figured out is the launching point. Leaning toward sandspirit park out of Stuart??

Good luck on your trip
    Sansprit is right beside Sailfish Marina. Its a very well used ramp and a great place to launch. However, there is a park next to it on the point that lots of people frequent. Im not sure how safe it would be to leave a vehicle there for a prolonged period of time. The Sheriff's dept does have a marine patrol office in the old tackle shop of the marina. I'll ask my brother about how secure it is. He works at the marina. Also, it is probably a shorter trip out of Jupiter.

I would appreciate it. I think that there is an overnight area that at least has the gates closed at night. I also think that the coast guard has a spot right there, so I'm hoping it will be pretty good.

I'm not going til 2018. I'm going to Africa in august and can't swing both that time of year. I guess I have plenty of time to figure it out, but I'm pretty excited about the prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Sansprit is right beside Sailfish Marina. Its a very well used ramp and a great place to launch. However, there is a park next to it on the point that lots of people frequent. Im not sure how safe it would be to leave a vehicle there for a prolonged period of time. The Sheriff's dept does have a marine patrol office in the old tackle shop of the marina. I'll ask my brother about how secure it is. He works at the marina. Also, it is probably a shorter trip out of Jupiter.
    Please let me know what he says. We are planning on launching there this summer. Thanks!