Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV antenna

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    So I have learned to trust USMC on everything he recommends tech-related.

Thanks USMC, you know you're stuff my man.
    Very happy to see that you're pleased.

I'm gonna buy one of those units for down at the barn. I installed the contraption above about 5 years ago. It was good, and has served me well, but I think I'm due for an upgrade. Gonna be a bit of a bitch to run, but oh well.

Goodbye Direct TV.

Thanks USMC. I went with the antenna you suggested as well. I don't even have it mounted on the roof yet but I got 32 channels with it sitting 6 ft off the ground. Some are duplicates as I get Mrytle Beach and Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Thanks USMC. I went with the antenna you suggested as well. I don't even have it mounted on the roof yet but I got 32 channels with it sitting 6 ft off the ground. Some are duplicates as I get Mrytle Beach and Columbia.
    Glad I could help!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

USMC: I'm looking for a good antenna for a RV, is this one to big or complicated to be portable?

Yeah it's very small and lightweight. Maybe a foot and a half in size. I was expecting something bigger.

Might be a little fragile to move it in and out if you are moving the camper alot. But if it's setup on a permanent site it would be great.

Looking for one for the cabin in Greelyville, how high does it have to be? Also do you have to clear the trees, we are surrounded by trees.

I recently picked up a channelmaster DVR+ To go with my antenna. It is awesome. We can pause, fastfoward, rewind and record over the air tv. We can also pick up more channels now. We get Charlotte channels out of Columbia which we did not before. They put it on sale for $150 about a month ago. Well worth that. https://www.channelmaster.com/DVR_Pl...m-7500gb16.htm
    Last edited by CreekGeek; 09-09-2017 at 08:53 AM.

The wife has ATT for her phone. I switched her to their unlimited plan. The promotion they were running gave you a $25/month credit for the directv now app. I got the $35/month package for $10 and they threw in HBO for "free". There are only one or two local channels I can't get becuase they haven't found a way to add them yet. So I'll either wait for them to add them or eventually get an antenna.

I like being able to stream the channels, not rent equipment from them and to be able to cancel anytime I like.

https://www.directvnow.com/thegoodstuff#the-full-lineup
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Looking for one for the cabin in Greelyville, how high does it have to be? Also do you have to clear the trees, we are surrounded by trees.
    Mine is 5 ft off the ground but I don't have any trees around it. Alot of people just mount it in the attic but you can't do that with a metal roof. I have the pole and I'm planning to put it up today which will get me to 25'. The instructions said 30 ft. But I was amazed at what all it got that low.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SF...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I got. They sell a mount that works with it to go on the side of the house

Not a great scale of reference at this angle but you can tell it's pretty small. Not a huge antenna like we had growing up.

Not sure if you need to ground it or not. I used the coax that was to my antenna and it had a ground on the pole already so I reused that.

I just checked and I get 55 channels now. I saw the Arkansas game three times. I'm guessing Columbia, Mrytle Beach, and Charleston.

Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-09-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Mine is about 10' high and guarded pretty heavily by full foliage.

I guess I get about 23 channels in Camden.

That the one you got Sterling? I got to do something.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    That the one you got Sterling? I got to do something.
    Yes sir.

How many tvs can you hook to one without messing up signal? Could I run splitters and hook up four?