Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long slide Glocks

Default Long slide Glocks

Im fixing to have one I just cant decide which one.

Glock 34 (9mm)
    Shootability and ammo cost are a major plus here and I really like my G19 so this would compliment it nicely.

Glock 41 (.45)
    This one has a thin slide like a G17 and is a full size 14rd .45 - nothing more to say..

Glock 40 (10mm)
    If Im going longslide why not go all out? This is the modern day Dirty Harry pistol.
    6" 10mm Auto, 16rds, simply awesome.

I like my 34.

Not sure I'd have a role for a Glock 41 in my world, but I could hunt deer with a suitable load in a Glock Model 40.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I got the glock 20sf and the 10mm is a cannon. It would be awesome if it were longer

I've never had the desire for a longslide Glock, because I think they're just ugly as homemade sin.

I do, however, have a desire to get a new FDE S&W M&P 2.0 in 9mm. Saw them for $449 the other day, but I wanna see if any bugs gotta get worked out first.

I don't have any advice for the above. The 10mm would be awesome, but hard on the wallet. The 9mm would be my vote just because I don't handle larger glocks well, anyways.

Before you jump -- look at the 2.0 Smith.

EDIT: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 01-11-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: link

Go with the 10mm. I want to add a 29sf to my arsenal to accompany my 20sf
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

G34 or G35 with the 9 barrel so you can run 9 and 40.

I owned a 41 for a short time. Plastic frame 45 is a bit much, 45 is for metal guns. Resale is shit on them because everyone that shoots 45 shoots a 1911.

Fuck 10mm... that's really all there is to that. Fuck that bullshit. If I had to shoot a 10mm I'd get a delta elite, but otherwise 10mm is a longer 40 that cost a shit load of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I would vote for Hillary in 2020

My daughter shoots the 34, if you have soft hands its perfect for you.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

The Glock Model 40 10mm would be at it's best in the MOS config running a RMR or similar red dot, IMHO. I think it would be a fun gun to shoot deer and pigs with full house, deep penetrating loads out to 50 or so yards.

Hellyaa!! 10mm and kill the shit out of sum deer and hogs is my vote.

I've got a 35 that I run a 9mm barrel in for 3 gun , and run as a .40 on the rare occasions I shoot USPSA.
    Looked at a 41, but I've already got a 21. That big ole fat polymer grip makes it the softest shooting 45 I own. I put a Zev trigger in it and some Dawson sights and it's a good shooter.
    The 40 with an optic would be fun. I shot a tricked out 35 open gun last Sunday at a local match. Carver compensator, pyramid trigger, Fast Fire dot. That thing was fun to shoot!
    Last edited by FLS; 01-12-2017 at 07:55 AM.

I have a 30S that stands as my lone polymer frame 45... I do like it. All the rest of my 45's are 1911's. I've won a nice Springfield 1911 the last two years running (Marine Operator and Lightweight Champion) and enjoy them. The Champion may get a lot of carry time once I retire.

I have a Glock 40 MOS w/ Trijicon night sights, Vortex Venom & an aftermarket stainless barrel (forgot the brand) - very accurate pistola, way easier on my frail arms than a 44 Mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the ticket. Punchin' deer and pigs shoulders out.

that's a sweet setup right there. Ive got a kkm barrel in my g20. I shoot the 230gr double tap hard cast in it. My FIL had a cow that was sick that couldn't get up and needed to be put down while I was there once. He had shot it a few times with his tried and true 32 long and the old cow just looked at him. I popped her between the eyes with that 10mm and it rocked her whole body and immediately blood poured from nose and ears and finished her off. He said, damn, what the hell did you just shoot her with a cannon? The 10 has a bit more knockdown than a 357 mag when loaded to full power, but with less recoil and nowhere near as loud. Also you have 15+1. Since I bought my 10, I carry it or my 45 colt Blackhawk when I roam in the woods, and the few 357's I own are lonely in the safe.
    Last edited by Phone Man; 01-13-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Wheaton Arms is where I got the barrel from
    Last edited by Nolo Contendere; 01-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.

You can get a 10mm up to damn near 41 Magnum juice. Not quite, but close enough.

I'm shooting in the Unlimited PRS gas gun division this season, and we can run an optic on our pistol. Gonna build me an Optics pistol. Gonna send a slide off to get it milled for a dot. Got the itch for and optics gun.

You just look at the 41.

I've got one with a RMR ontop an that thing is hell on some pigs. It is amazing how far it is accurate. The G2 ammo helps!

I consider a 17L and a 24 to be a long slide glock...true 6 " barrels.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai