Thread: PSA 1911 review?

Default PSA 1911 review?

What say you?

Quality?
    Fit and finish?
    Accuracy?
    Cost vs future value?

And go.....
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

so not one single person has bought one of these?

Even with the $999 AR/1911 sale?

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I have thinking about one. I feel the need to go pick up a new .45 ACP in honor of our new 45th President.

I actually got to shoot either the 2ND OR 3RD one they ever put together several years ago when I was working in the Greenville store. It shot better than I could, I think we put close to 1K rounds through it that day without a malfunction
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

well apparently I am 106 years late to the party!

I picked up a PSA 1911 from the greenville store earlier this week. Only one they had in stock was blued frame with stainless slide.

Took it to the range Saturday to shoot the 200 round break in that's recommended. I had two fail to feed. one on the second magazine (round 9) and one on the first round from the second box of ammo (round 51) Other than that it ran flawless.

Accuracy, pretty dang sporty. at 15 yards the 10 ring of a silhouette target was a ragged hole. I then shot at each of the ring numbers when I couldn't see where the rounds were going. Not as good with off hand but that aint the gun's fault.

what a joy to shoot; balance was excellent, trigger was smooth and light; return to target was easy.

This is my first 1911, so I cant compare to a Les Baer or Wilson or some other name I dont know. The only other 1911 I have ever fired was a Springfield that I shot when they were at PSA a year or so ago.

In summary; why did I wait so long?

Thanks Trump for winning the white house so we all get these deals on overstocked AR's and pmags etc.

I will have one soon to test. May be shooting one in the Steel Challenge Nationals in March.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)