Thread: Kahr PM 45

Default Kahr PM 45

I've been looking for a small auto for concealed carry. Ive shot the Glocks, Shield, XDS, and Kahr. I liked the Kahr best, best trigger, sights and slightly smaller , and ended up buying a PM45. Stumbled across a used one with night sights and extra mags for a steal. The little gun will shoot. I ran a bunch of different ammo thru it and settled on the 230 gr Gold Dot short barrel load. It cycles flawlessly and shoots to point of aim. Recoil is snappy but manageable. I had no trouble keeping hits center mass at 10-15 yards as fast as I could cycle the trigger and get back on the sights.

IMG_0265.JPG

Nice. I've shot a few over the years, but never desired one enough to purchase.

The only thing that has kept me from one of these, or any .45 for that matter, is having to add yet another caliber to the inventory.

The Kahr pistols are solid quality handguns, IMO.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    The only thing that has kept me from one of these, or any .45 for that matter, is having to add yet another caliber to the inventory.
    I find it very odd that you don't own a .45.

45 ACP is my favorite handgun caliber. A well tuned 1911 is a joy to shoot and the Glock 21 is fine fighting handgun. If I ever come a cross a 625 revolver for a decent price I'll add it to the stable.

Agreed. I love .45 more than anything else. My Sig P220 is probably the best shooter I own. I shoot it better than my old MK23 and my Wilson Combat CQB. And outta all the Glocks I own/owned, I shoot a stock G36 the best. I'm about to really put a workin' on it after how well my FDE Gen4 G19 turned out.

Anyway -- .45 is just flat-out awesome. 1911's just bring it to another level of fun! All safe's are somewhat empty without a good ole .45 of some type tucked into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I find it very odd that you don't own a .45.
    So do I as I've always liked them. However, as things go for now, I'm becoming more practical in both application and 'cost/benefit/need'. For example, I know I'll never carry a full size .45 due to the weight of it, so owning it would be 'impractical', although enjoyable. And although there are numerous 'compact' models that I've come close to grabbing up, the cost of at least a half dozen 'good' mags (preferably a dozen), along with the cost of building up a supply of ammo both for practice and SD/HD/SHTF inventory, and, of course, several holsters for different applications, makes it an impractical luxury.

Now, if I hit the Powerball lottery, all bets are off.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I love Kahr pistols

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    If I ever come a cross a 625 revolver for a decent price I'll add it to the stable.
    What would you consider a decent price.
    Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I would vote for Hillary in 2020

Kahr has a good reputation, and offers a hell of a good NRA instructor discount. Or they used to.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    So do I as I've always liked them. However, as things go for now, I'm becoming more practical in both application and 'cost/benefit/need'. For example, I know I'll never carry a full size .45 due to the weight of it, so owning it would be 'impractical', although enjoyable. And although there are numerous 'compact' models that I've come close to grabbing up, the cost of at least a half dozen 'good' mags (preferably a dozen), along with the cost of building up a supply of ammo both for practice and SD/HD/SHTF inventory, and, of course, several holsters for different applications, makes it an impractical luxury.

Now, if I hit the Powerball lottery, all bets are off.
    I'm in the same boat. I want a .45, but I already have thousands of rounds of 9mm. If I bought a .45 I would want thousands of rounds of .45. LoL

$4-500. Revolver prices have gone nuts. I picked up a cherry model 19 about a year ago for $400. Tracked down the serial # and it was in a range oh guns that went to the NCHP in the 70s. I sold a King Cobra for thrice what I paid for it.