Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

This bill is going no where. Everybody calm down

Rather than dick around with arbitrary acreage restrictions, why not just incentivize appropriate behavior from the dog hunters? For example, set a penalty scheme that would make them take notice and make damn sure their dogs don't trespass on someone else's property. Maybe stiff fines on first offense (maybe $1000), even stiffer on second offense (maybe $5000), followed by loss of hunting privileges for third offense. If they are subject to those penalties, perhaps they will modify their behavior such that no one is willing to take the risk of running 20 dogs on a small tract.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    This bill is going no where. Everybody calm down
    ^^ This.

I hope it passes and they ban the sob

Something may come about but it will be drastically different than what is being put forth now. I'm not saying nothing is going to be done but there will be changes made just like they did the deer tag bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowler View Post
    I hope it passes and they ban the sob
    Your avatar is crooked and your cock holster is open..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Completely ban the "tradition" and end it all. It's not a tradition it's something a bunch of red necks and heybo's do. There's no trophy management aspect which hurts the overall state for big deer harvest. People wonder why we don't kill big deer. Dog hunters shoot spikes and don't think twice about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave it to somebody to bring trophy management into a dog hunting thread
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Deer management has nothing to do with this thread. That is what is wrong with hunting now. Everybody watches the Outdoor Channel and thinks they're going to grow big bucks like in Iowa. Everyone has forgotten the real reason to hunt because they're caught up in big horns. Do I trophy hunt where I hunt? yes. But its not my place to judge the next man on how he hunts. I would never shoot a small buck with a rifle but that's me. Oh and another thing, I'm tired of everyone calling dog hunters rednecks and heybos. I can tell you this, the guys that do it right and they are the majority, have plenty of money because it takes money to do it right like PBiz and guys like him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Your avatar is crooked and your cock holster is open..
    Fuck you and them deer dogs...ain't but a matter of time.

They're hounds..

And I'm married, and not a gay..But just let me know if you would ever like to go listen to them..

Where's your property and how many acres is it?

No worry, trespassing deer hounds will continue to have more protection than property owners. Was just informed that the bill will never make it out of committee to even be discussed. Sorry state of affairs we find ourselves in. Now the "rogue dog drivers" never met one that admitted to being one of the bad ones, can continue to do as they have always done with immunity. Have at it guys!

We always have had more problems with turkey hunters and still hunters poaching, but damn a rogue dog hunter..

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Rather than dick around with arbitrary acreage restrictions, why not just incentivize appropriate behavior from the dog hunters? For example, set a penalty scheme that would make them take notice and make damn sure their dogs don't trespass on someone else's property. Maybe stiff fines on first offense (maybe $1000), even stiffer on second offense (maybe $5000), followed by loss of hunting privileges for third offense. If they are subject to those penalties, perhaps they will modify their behavior such that no one is willing to take the risk of running 20 dogs on a small tract.
    They'd just run then with no collars and say dem aint my dogs bo.

We always have had more problems with turkey hunters and still hunters poaching, but damn a rogue dog hunter..
    Agree with this. I have had more trespassers cross property lines to try to "stalk" gobblers that I am working than I can even count. I had one walk within 10 yards of me without ever knowing I was sitting there a couple years ago.

"That ole boy is still in the tree bo, I just wanted to get a look at him." (at 10:45 am)

Riiiiggghhhhtttttt.....

Nothing gets my blood boiling quite like someone poaching turkeys. I can go all deer season without an issue but as soon as turkey season comes in the poachers start showing theirselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Nothing gets my blood boiling quite like someone poaching turkeys. I can go all deer season without an issue but as soon as turkey season comes in the poachers start showing theirselves.
    I would imagine if you keep shooting people's dogs, turkey poachers won't be your biggest problem..

I would imagine if you keep shooting people's dogs, turkey poachers won't be your biggest problem..
    I gotta think that the best way to get back at the trespassing dogs' owners is not by shooting the dogs, but by shooting the big 9 point running in front of the dogs before he crosses the paved road down by the bridge.

I don't shoot dogs

For you guys who like to say just shoot the dogs, one day you're going to shoot the wrong dog of a hunter that will take you to court. I had a buddy who dog hunted and his dad was a big attorney... Yep imagine that, someone with money dog hunted. Anyway he had a buddy who had 3 dogs get shot and the guy that shot the dogs had to pay $10k a dog. Think about that next time you want to pull the trigger on one.

I would say the best way to combat renegade dogs hunters is documentation..

Catch dogs, document names/dates/instances, call owners, make a case..

Burn them..

LEOs loving chasing crooks, involve them..

Alot of the folks causing problems will vanish, or certainly change their ways.. I've seen it..

But there will always be a rogue in any form of hunting or business you ever partake in..